|Vice President of Human Resources||
May 6, 2019🔗👁️ 7 7 Views
🏢 CannTrust 📍 Vaughan, ON
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Executive 📛 No license required
About our company
Winner of 7 Canadian Cannabis Awards - Including Best Licensed Producer 2018!
This quite possibly is the best company to work for in the world!
CannTrust - a front-runner in the cannabis industry, is a federally regulated licensed producer, publicly traded, and a proudly Canadian company. CannTrust is leading the Canadian and global market in producing standardized cannabis products. CannTrust is ready for Cannabis 2.0, and is currently developing new products that span the medical, recreational, beauty, wellness, and pet markets.
CannTrust is committed to research and innovation, as well as contributing to the growing body of evidence-based research regarding the use and efficacy of cannabis. Its product development teams along with its global pharma partner, are diligently innovating and developing products that will make it easier for patients to use medical cannabis. CannTrust supports ongoing patient education about medical cannabis and has a compassionate use program to support patients with financial needs.
The ideal candidate is an agile, business savvy individual who is committed to getting better everyday. You are a passionate influencer with strong communication skills, who is open to giving and receiving feedback. You are customer-centric with an ability to act as a mentor amongst your peers. Of course, you also deliver consistent results by aligning yourself with CannTrust values.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Reports to CEO
- Senior level advisor to the Executive Team
- Serving as an active member of the executive leadership team and provide advice on strategic People issues and business strategy.
- Leads a tem of subject matter experts regarding Talent, Change, Engagement, Employee Relations
- Partners with senior leader on operational strategies – the intersection of human resources and operational enablement
- Leading the development and implementation of human capital programs and processes that will support operational requirements, lead and inspire a mission-driven culture and reinforce the reputation as an employer of choice.
- Assessing the market position of People programs and practices against comparable organizations.
- Identifying strategic trends and best practices in human resources and adopt those which support the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Providing leadership to the HR, Talent, Learning and Payroll & Benefit functions.
- Identifying opportunities to increase the satisfaction and retention of employees; ensuring engagement and ongoing professional development with an emphasis on continuous improvement, learning and accountability.
- Partnering with leaders in recruitment strategies to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce- employee experience and branding.
- Leading the development of recruitment strategies and implementation of plans to leverage both internal and external talent resources.
- Building internal communication network to facilitate ongoing communication throughout the organization.
- Holds others and self accountable to gaps in performance, is a champion of feedback
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior while consistently leading by example; models the CannTrust values
- Motivates team to take timely action, resolves customer escalations in a timely manner
- Monitors progress to departmental goals with company strategy
- Sets department goals & objectives and supports direct reports with achieving results and development plans
- Encourages team to be involved in decisions, encourages talent development
- Executes the performance management cycle activities for the team
- Strong communication skills, ability to promote learning and development; can have difficult conversations
- As a people leader, you are responsible for approving your employee’s payroll within processing deadlines, including: time cards, vacation, sick requests and bereavement.
- Complies with all company policies
Education & Experience
- Masters in Human Resources Management or MBA is preferred
- 10 years’ experience at senior level or above in an enterprise level company; executive level experience preferred
- 5-10 years supporting cross-functional teams in operations, supply chain and business support
- Having built and developed Human Resources in a high growth or start-up company is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Available to travel to company locations
- Must pass an RCMP security clearance
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to be able to lift up to and including 50lbs, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time and reach with arms/hands. Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items is occasionally required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to packaged cannabis products/supplies. The working environment can be noisy at times and temperate, the employee must have knowledge of how to manage their own personal safety under these conditions.
CannTrust is an equal opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at CannTrust. Please note, only the candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. CannTrust welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Human Resources: 10 years (Required)
Master's Degree (Preferred)