Jun 5, 2019🔗👁️ 21 21 Views
🏢 Mr. Nice Guy 📍 Portland, OR
💰 $40,000 a year 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Dispensary 📛 OLCC Workers Permit
About our company
Mr. Nice Guy here to fill you in on details about our beautiful dispensary. First and foremost the foundation of our shop’s ideals is to share kindness with the community and all that walk through our doors. When an individual comes to visit our place, we want them to be greeted by a knowledgeable and compassionate crew who can walk them through all of our products. As a team, we aim for a wide selection of quality flower and products at reasonable prices. Order online or come by and one of our knowledgeable budtenders can assist you with all of your cannabis needs!
We are looking for a Cannabis Retail Manager who will be responsible for the overall management of staff, standard operating procedures, scheduling, inventory, compliance, supplies, and all other tasks that arise in a dynamic retail environment. The Cannabis Retail Manager also works directly with the Owners/Directors/ and or General Managers to develop operational and sales objectives, maximize revenue goals, expand marketing, and ensure sound record keeping. The ideal candidate MUST have substantial Cannabis retail experience managing a dispensary, excellent people skills, and a genuine passion for the cannabis industry and wellbeing of customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Cannabis Retail Manager:
- Provides strategic direction and thought leadership to the retail organization, with a strong understanding of the market and customer needs, as well as anticipating future needs.
- Performs a significant role in defining objectives, strategies and plans, and working with cross-functional executives (operations, inventory/planning, finance, marketing, etc.) to implement those plans.
- Maximizes retail productivity, sales and profit, while ensuring that standards of service excellence are continuously met and improved upon.
- Performs monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reviews to proactively identify business improvement opportunities, develop budget strategies, and implement positive action plans to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, and enhance the customer experience.
- Identifies trends and opportunities to define changes in process and procedures that drive operations and selling agendas.
- Stays informed and knowledgeable about Cannabis law, and all state and local laws, regulations, and industry news.
- Ensures dispensary and personnel are in compliance with regulations in all operations, processes, inventory management, and protocol.
- Attends cannabis related trade shows, conferences, and seminars to discover new product lines, systems, and methodologies that would ensure MNG Cannabis maintains the best in class practices.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring cash management procedures are being followed including, transacting, opening, closing, depositing, reporting, maintaining, and reconciling cash with organizational POS system and all standard operating procedures.
- Develops training and reinforces service, product, operations, and management expectations through training and development of all store team members.
- Proactively collects voice of the customer feedback, and uses feedback to implement new product offerings.
- Ensures a world-class experience exists for our customers.
- Partners with the Human Resources Manager in reviewing employee performance, coordinating benefits, fostering employee relations, and administering disciplinary actions when required.
- Collaborates with Legal, Marketing, Inventory, and Accounting resources to review and revise all staff management practices that support a high performing, team-based culture.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in business related field preferred
- At least three years experience in Cannabis retail/operations management is required.
- Strong personnel management and retail operations knowledge, including inventory control, loss prevention, retail POS systems, merchandising, customer service, and budget preparation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Effective communication; written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution.
- Ability to work independently and possesses a sense of urgency, is high energy, and applies a hands-on approach.
- Basic computer and software experience using MS Office products.
- Although the Cannabis Retail Manager role may typically maintain a Full-time schedule, the successful applicant will be willing to work evening and weekend shifts as necessary.
- Valid Drivers License
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age with no prior felony offenses.
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must be METRC certified.
- Must have MJ Handlers Permit.
Some travel from one location to another location
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: You will be joining a challenging team of high achievers, who are all extremely driven to be the best at what they do--where quality and winning is paramount. This position is not for everyone; you will be pushed. You must have a genuine passion to be part of this high-intensity team, without this passion you will find what we are trying to accomplish too difficult.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws.
Retail Management: 3 years (Required)
Customer Service Sales: 2 years (Required)