May 21, 2019🔗👁️ 21 21 Views
🏢 Groundworks Industries (Electric Lettuce) 📍 Portland, OR
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Dispensary 📛 OLCC Workers Permit
About our company
Powered by obsessive learning and knowledge about the plant, chemistry, conditions, people, and planet behind cannabis cultivation and exploration.
From growing cannabis, to extracting oil, to now producing the product line, creating high-end cannabis goods for both novice and seasoned users.
Working alongside retailers to ensure a smooth distribution process, moving branded goods directly from source to retail.
Supporting cannabis companies with compliance, accounting, branding, marketing and human resources shaping a portfolio of world-leading brands.
Providing the best quality and most knowledgeable, artful experiences that break stereotypes and set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis.
The Store Manager will be accountable for overseeing the daily operations of a cannabis retail dispensary while cultivating a strong group of professionals through training, mentoring, and development. The Store Manager is responsible for driving sales while maintaining a high level of service in a distinctive environment.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs and manages store staff through effective communication of company goals and policies; conducts effective and timely performance appraisals; ensures training for all employees is completed; and cultivates a team environment that delivers exceptional customer service and distinctive customer experiences
- Ensures compliance with security, inventory, and regulatory protocols unique to the cannabis industry
- Understands and utilizes Company controls relating to reporting, approvals, and inventory
- Regular reporting of sales, inventory, and other reports to Retail Management Team; responsible for store's financial goals
- Oversees compliance regarding cash control, inventory management, documentation requirements and audit procedures
- Enthusiastically supports marketing initiatives and educates staff with regard to new products, procedures, and marketing promotions
- Creates weekly staff schedules
- Keeps store clean and organized at all times
- Responsible for positive customer service experience
- Maintains data relating to OLCC handler cards for staff
- Assists with on-boarding and training new staff
- Coordinates repairs, facility improvements, and maintenance with third party contractors and Groundworks staff
- Supports training and implementation of procedures and processes in BioTrack and METRC
- Attends and contributes to weekly company conference calls and business meetings
- Fosters strong communication with Retail Management Team through closing reports, weekly store reports, and regular correspondence
- Engages with the local community through active networking to promote the store and brand
- Perform other related duties as requested by Company
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- High School Graduate with and a minimum of 4 years of retail experience
- 3+ years experience in a managerial or supervisory role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Solid management and efficient problem solving skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to teach others processes and ensure team members understand implications of decisions
- Interest in or knowledge of cannabis industry preferred
- Approachable, mindful, and positive
- Familiarity with BioTrack, METRC, and web-based sales applications, and Microsoft software
Licenses and other Requirements:
Marijuana Handler Permit must be acquired prior to start of employment
Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations required for working in this industry
Over 21 years of age
Must have consistent, reliable transportation
Must be able to work evenings and weekends as necessary