Dec 2, 2022🔗
👁️ 16 16 Views
🏢 Herbl 📍 Goleta, CA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Accounting 📛 No license required
About our company
HERBL is California’s largest cannabis distributor and supply chain solutions company servicing more than 850 storefront and non-storefront retail licensees. Founded in 2016, HERBL’s team is composed of distribution and retail experts with extensive experience in large-scale global supply chains. HERBL brings the state's leading cannabis retailers and top brands together through world-class technology, unparalleled service, and high-security, state-of-the-art facilities, and trucks. Exclusive brand partners include the leaders in flower, vapes, edibles, topicals, pre-rolls, and concentrate.
HERBL is laser-focused on the distribution of naturally derived products, giving all of our attention to supporting brands and retailers in what’s best for their businesses. We believe having company-owned brands inherently creates a conflict of interest, so we have chosen to be a pure play distribution company. By not having company-owned competing brands, you can take comfort in knowing that every action we take is in a brand or retailers best interest.
The Staff Accountant position will be responsible for full-cycle Accounts Payable processing and will perform general ledger reconciliations, state cannabis related tax reporting, cross departmental projects, and other various Accounting related tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for monthly reports and the reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts including researching and following up on discrepancies including revenue accounting.
- Responsible for recording and reporting on transactions through the procure to pay cycle (including coding invoices) and ensuring timely and accurate payment of vendor invoices
- Auditing and reconciliation of AP, AR and GL activity to align with fiscal budget
- Accounts receivable process for subsidiary including managing company billing software and review of client billing process for accuracy.
- Collaborate with sales & client services to ensure accurate billing, investigate issues and make adjustments as needed.
- Bank and cash reconciliations
- Responsible for A/P Month-End and Year-End close tasks and supporting the General Ledger close cycles
- Create and review journal entries for a variety of accounting tasks.
- Maintain and create various schedules e.g. Prepaid Amortization, Fixed Assets/Depreciation, Notes Payable, Accrued Liabilities, Tax Schedules, Rent Schedules
- Work with Accounting Manager to track various department KPIs
- General knowledge of US GAAP, Accounting best practices, and financial statements.
- Must be familiar working in a high-volume transaction intensive environment
- Ability to take raw data and convert it into accurate reports for internal and external parties.
- Proven problem-solving skills with a proactive attitude to own a task until completion.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast pace/fast growing environment.
- Motivated self-starter who takes pride in getting goals accomplished.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently, effectively, and professionally with both internal and external parties.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Team player ready to support various projects that are assigned to the Accounting Department.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The duties of this position require the employee to sit and stand for extended periods of time. The position requires the employee to be able to look at and operate a computer for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Expected hours of work. – Minimum 40 hours per week M-F
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4-5 Years of experience
- Minimum Associates Degree required. A combination of school and work experience will be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and ERP accounting software systems.
- Experience and understanding of Accounts Payable processes