|Sr. Full Stack Engineer, Payments||
May 20, 2022🔗
👁️ 74 74 Views
🏢 Flowhub 📍 Remote✨Remote OK
💰 $130,000 - $150,000 a year 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Information Technology 📛 No license required
About our company
We're making safe cannabis products accessible to every adult on planet Earth.
At Flowhub, we're about more than technology — we're on a mission to make legal cannabis accessible to everyone. Founded in 2015, Flowhub pioneered the first Metrc API integration to help dispensaries stay compliant. Today, over 1,000 dispensaries trust Flowhub's point of sale, inventory management, business intelligence, and mobile solutions to process $3B+ cannabis sales annually.
Flowhub creates user-friendly business management and compliance products that increase revenue in the highly regulated cannabis industry. Our Engineering department is highly creative, incredibly resourceful, and obsesses over the user experience. We’re currently looking to grow our engineering team by adding a Senior Fullstack Engineer to our Payments team.
Senior engineers at Flowhub use their understanding of the product, our customers, and Flowhub’s overall business needs to design, build, and deliver high quality solutions that help our customers run their businesses. They balance technical debt, speed of delivery, and scalability to ensure we’re never over or under-engineering our solutions, and they ensure that the software we deliver solves our customers’ problems. They also act as a resource to the rest of the technical team through mentorship, design and code review, and product knowledge.
Who you are:
- An innately curious person, who loves asking questions to better understand how people, systems, and businesses work
- Experienced in system design and architecture decisions from proof-of-concept to scaled, mature systems
- A team player who is comfortable discussing complex technical subjects with stakeholders, third party vendors, product managers, and your teammates
- Pragmatic and flexible, want to solve problems without over-engineering
- Passionate about your customers and coworkers, and excited to make an impact on the Cannabis industry
What you'll do:
- Work with product management, stakeholders, and customers to help our customers integrate and use the right solutions to process customer payments at point of sale
- Build easy to maintain, scalable integrations with third party payments providers, and ensure these are well instrumented and monitored
- Think creatively about solutions in a space that’s still very much in its infancy, propose outside the box ideas
- Mentor and support teammates and other engineers, product managers, and designers across Flowhub’s engineering department
- Make pragmatic architectural decisions to ensure our system is stable, scalable, and easy to change
- We know from experience that not ticking every box in the qualifications sections stops many from applying. Please apply regardless of your self-assessment – we want to hear from you! We have seen engineers succeed with a diverse range of skills and experiences.
- 4 years+ experience building and consuming REST APIs, ideally using microservice architecture.
- 3+ years experience with a modern frontend framework, preferably ReactGreat understanding of modern web applications and best practice.
- 3+ years of database application experience (PostgreSQL and MongoDB preferred).
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Practical experience supporting production codeComfortable in a data-driven environment.
- Production issue triage and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering quality results. We love references!
- Salary $130,000 - $150,000, depending on experience & qualifications
Note: Flowhub has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy and requires all employees to be up to date (primary series + applicable boosters) with their vaccine to attend or take part in any in-person or customer related activity. A copy of your vaccination card will be requested and stored with Flowhub's HR department.