|Sr. Financial Analyst, FP&A||
Mar 21, 2022🔗
👁️ 7 7 Views
🏢 Parallel 📍 Remote
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Accounting 📛 No license required
About our company
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are seeking an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join our growing and dynamic FP&A team. This department is the center of analytics of the company, providing insights to support business decision making as well as supporting the reporting of key performance drivers.
Partnering with business leaders and the FP&A Director, Senior Financial Analyst will help drive company-wide annual operating planning, forecasting, variance and trend analysis, monthly close process, and other FP&A functions. He or she will have a deep understanding of business performance, drive the implementation of processes that result in improved financial performance, provide strategic support including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, complex financial analyses, and other additional duties as needed.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in five markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend), Nevada (The Apothecary Shoppe) and Texas (Goodblend). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Developing and continually improving annual operating planning and forecasting processes from start to finish by partnering with cross-functional leaders
- Building, monitoring, and analyzing financial and non-financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including customer analytics, pricing strategy, and wholesale opportunities
- Creating reports and dashboards that clearly and concisely present financial metrics and key performance drivers
- Working with business leaders to develop planning assumptions for key performance drivers
- Overseeing the monthly close process from start to finish including articulating key drivers for actual results vs plan variances to business leaders and ensuring financial and operational reports that make key information readily available are generated timely and accurately
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual management reports
- Helping to implement business intelligence tools, dashboards, and reports
- Building, maintaining, and improving financial models
- Analyzing data and turning complex business issues into easy-to-understand key points that any leader can grasp, understand, and utilize to make business decisions
- Identifying and implementing system and process improvements.
- Maintaining documentation and training materials for assigned responsibilities
- Mentor lower-level analyst in FP&A concepts; may involve review of the work of others
- Ad hoc projects and analyses
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field; master’s degree or higher preferred
- 5-8 years of professional finance experience, including Senior Analyst experience
- Strong experience with financial planning software. Experience with IBM Planning Analytics by TM1 is highly beneficial
- Extensive experience in data mining and data analytics
- Advanced Excel skills, including ability to efficiently manipulate data and maintain robust and flexible Excel financial models
- Strong PowerPoint skills with demonstrated experience crafting presentations and communicating messages effectively with charts and graphs to represent analytical results.
- Have excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills, a proven ability to build relationships, and good business and financial acumen.
- Strong working knowledge of financial and accounting processes, procedures, and internal controls
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Strong strategic thinking and research skills
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Age 21 or over (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID (Required)
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Personal growth; industry-leading leadership and professional development offerings
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Belonging and voice; employee resource groups, product advisory councils, monthly opportunities to share feedback and discuss your employee experience
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
- Employee discount