|Social Impact Manager||
Aug 25, 2021🔗
👁️ 8 8 Views
🏢 LeafLink 📍 New York, New York
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Other 📛 No license required
About our company
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Thrive Capital and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking a Social Impact Manager to join our fast-growing team. In this role, you will be reporting to the VP, People and will be tasked with managing all efforts that help drive our corporate social responsibility strategies across the business. As part of a growing team and company, the Social Impact Manager will also help to shape the overall LeafLink culture and values through innovative programming and best-in-class initiatives. This position will also serve as our in-house champion for all Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging, and Sustainability efforts.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Understand current state of LeafLink’s growth, business strategy and OKRs to develop a social impact strategy that aligns DEIB goals with the business outcomes and best practices.
- Partner with the executive team and the internal DEI council on quarterly plans, providing guidance and coaching on sponsored initiatives as well as overall social impact strategy.
- Integrate LeafLink’s DEIB beliefs and values throughout our culture through innovative solutions that broaden and advance the employee experience.
- Establish data-driven DEIB methods that will drive critical business challenges.
- Be a strong voice for inclusion and diversity at LeafLink and in the broader cannabis industry by communicating effectively and regularly with internal and external audiences.
- Formalize an Employee Resource Group (ERG) strategy and provide leadership and support to empower and strengthen internal communities.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Partner with the Executive team, Marketing, and business leaders to develop the overall LeafLink CSR strategy.
- Execute effective CSR programs that align to the LeafLink business objectives and foster a sense of community and inclusion within the employee population.
- Manage LeafLink CSR partnerships and contributions within the broader cannabis industry.
- Establish relationships and represent LeafLink with local community groups, nonprofits and industry organizations across the regions in which LeafLink operates.
- Collaborate with Marketing teams to promote CSR and sustainability initiatives to internal stakeholders, including potential and current LeafLink employees and the cannabis community-at-large through various channels, including social media.
- 4+ years of experience in the social impact space, either DEIB, sustainability, or CSR
- You are equipped to be dynamic and to successfully support a company experiencing hyper-growth.
- You have experience building programming from scratch.
- You have a proven track record with creating solid relationships with internal business partners.
- You have a strong passion for creating inclusive corporate cultures with a demonstrated history of executing Diversity initiatives.
- You understand the importance of corporate responsibility to all stakeholders.
- You have the discipline, organization, attention to detail and agility to move between different responsibilities.
- You exercise sound judgment and sensitivity when framing internal communications.
- You enjoy partnering closely with varying cross-functional partners of all levels.
- You are engaging and diplomatic with the ability to be empathetic and understand relationships.
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Company sponsored Annual Citibike Membership for NYC employees
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success