|Senior Software Engineer||
May 6, 2022🔗
👁️ 35 35 Views
🏢 Lume Cannabis Co. 📍 Remote✨Remote OK
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Information Technology 📛 No license required
About our company
We aren’t like other Cannabis brands. We’re actually our own brand! Lume Cannabis Co. is a fully vertical cannabis brand operating out of Troy, Michigan. We build our own cultivation facilities exclusively growing our own Cannabis, package our own product, and sell it only from our own stores. Our brand is rooted in quality – it is reflected in everything we do, from our industry-leading cultivation facility and unmatched product, to our ultra-premium retail stores and revolutionary consumer experience. We control the entire process from start to finish, so we can ensure its exceptionally executed every single time—no cut corners, no easy-ways-out, no compromises, and no other-guys.
As a Software Engineer, you will take technical ownership of current software platforms including its configuration and administration, numerous 3rd party libraries, and tooling around development & deployment. Building, debugging, testing, and deploying applications that support customer interactions and back-end integration.
Successful candidates will possess a passion for technology, seeking out and learning the best options for solving problems, ability to work in an agile delivery model, strong communication and collaboration skills. The Software Engineer will take a lead role in the estimating (story pointing), sprint planning, design and development of features and capabilities. In addition, the role will play a key part in identifying ways to improve IT support processes and organization as we continue to grow.
- Write, test, and bug-fix, high-performing code with a special emphasis on stability and long-term supportability.
- Lead design of complex software applications that will be delivered to customers via mobile devices or browsers.
- Adhere to, support, and continuously improve processes.
- Create necessary technical documentation in support of programming and design activities such as release notes, code comments, use cases, and training materials.
- Provide user story effort estimates to team and project managers.
- Help developers improve the maintainability, performance, and security of their code through code reviews.
- Maintain, configure and support the Lume’s Platforms of choice, ensuring high data quality of key data components, core integrations for back-end systems and front-end applications.
- Drive a culture of Test-Driven Development. support and implement Test Automation tools consistent with Lume’s continuous integration/continuous deployment objectives. As a member of the project team, meet coding deliverables in line with project release plan
- Must have Baccalaureate degree in an appropriate IT field such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited U.S. college or university, equivalent foreign institution, or equivalent experience
- 5+ yrs experience as a developer working on large websites
- Strong experience on object-oriented design and concepts
- Strong experience working in Agile environment and understanding of SCRUM/KANBAN process
- Back-end Python or Java building an optimization engine with APIs for consumption to the rest of the product. Experience with GraphQL APIs a plus, but not required
- Experience building responsive web and mobile applications using modern frameworks such React, Backbone, Angular. Experience with single-page apps or progressive web apps preferred
- Expected to apply optimization techniques programmatically, working with large data sets and solving those problems working with core Java
- Strong understanding of data and databases to utilize them with high performance.
- Front-End Technologies: Next.js / Node.js
- Language and Framework: Java, Python and other programming languages preferred
- Excellent team player with good communication skills with both non-technical & technical co-workers
- Understanding of backend business processes, financial, supply chain and inventory practices is desired
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday