Sep 5, 2019🔗👁️ 21 21 Views
🏢 Tivus 📍 Costa Mesa, CA
💰 $60,000 - $110,000 a year 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Processing 📛 No license required
About our company
Top salary plus profit sharing!
Must be willing to relocate to Southern Ca. Tivus Brands is a licensed Manufacturer of cannabis products located in Costa Mesa and Adelanto, Ca. We are committed to delivering safe, high-quality products and services at scale. Our business vision is to become the lowest cost, highest quality cannabis producer in the markets we serve by utilizing current good manufacturing practices, offering better quality assurance with cannabis products free from pesticides, providing better patient and doctor access to cannabis education and sourcing better equipment or devices.
Tivus is constantly seeking high caliber talent who bring excellence and enthusiasm to our expanding operations. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success.
We are seeking a lead Lab Technician (Hydrocarbon Extraction) reporting directly to the owner to join our team at our state of the art Extraction Facility in Costa Mesa, Ca
The Head Lab Technician will be responsible for all day to day laboratory operations. This includes preparing raw materials, directing the extraction process, clean up equipment and conduct general lab duties. This position will work closely with the owner to ensure equipment is maintained regularly and raw materials meet the necessary specifications.
- Direct the operation and maintenance of closed loop hydrocarbon solvent extraction using Extractiontec extraction equipment.
- Perform front-end processing of raw materials, including weighing, grinding, cleaning and general lab work.
- Prepare work space, equipment and materials daily.
- Wash and sterilize laboratory glassware and equipment.
- Maintain high tech lab process equipment and ensure such machinery operates in a clean organized environment.
- Schedule and perform regular maintenance, cleaning, and repairs of all equipment.
- Develop and execute the process of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Order necessary machine parts and upgrade equipment when necessary to ensure optimal performance.
- Perform some administrative tasks, such as documenting all machine maintenance, making equipment orders, and improving or developing safety guidelines for equipment use.
- Upholds and promotes a safety culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry
- Must have 1 – 3 years’ experience as an Extraction Lab Technician or in a related role within a lab setting.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines for workplace safety and hazardous chemicals.
- Compliance and understanding of Current Good Manufacturing Processes (CGMP) guidelines.
- Mechanical proficiency in understanding the operation of BHO machines, includes having the ability to service pressure vessel hoses, fittings, and being able to use a wrench to remove fittings.
- Excellent knowledge of equipment operations and repair procedures.
- Proficient with the internet and basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to read and use schematics related to manufacturing equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write reports, draft policies and procedures, develop presentations and conduct training sessions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible.
- Self-motivated, strong analytical skills and detail-oriented.
- Capable to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Communicates well to all levels of the organization, tactfully and professionally.
Aptitude to push, pull, or lift heavy weights (50lbs or more), including sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the workday.
Tivus offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Laboratory: 1 year (Required)
Paid time off