|Senior Director, Information Technology||
Mar 26, 2019🔗👁️ 77 77 Views
🏢 Weedmaps 📍 Irvine, CA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Executive 📛 No license required
About our company
Established in 2008, Weedmaps is the leading technology and SaaS company focusing on solutions for the cannabis sector. Our mission is to drive the advancement of cannabis legalization and provide the software, services and data platforms that underpin the B2B and B2C segments. Our current software offerings include point-of-sale, wholesale and consumer marketplaces, branded product verification, orders management, fleet logistics, and compliance reporting. Weedmaps strives to provide consumers a single source of accurate and reliable information on products, retailers, care providers, strains and trends. Headquartered in Irvine, CA, with additional locations across the United States, Canada and the EU, Weedmaps has over 400 employees and is expanding rapidly.
The Senior Director, Information Technology will be responsible for delivering a reliable and high performing IT department, infrastructure and systems that support all core internal technical operations. The Senior Director of Information Technology will be charged with identifying and deploying technologies that support running our business on and directly impact all employees and ultimately impact the end consumer, reduce the cycle of speed to market of our new products, productivity improvements, developing security frameworks for IT assets, increasing IT process maturity and improving integration.
We are looking for a Senior IT leader with experience in very fast moving web-scale environments to come build a world-class IT infrastructure, help desk services and technical operations capabilities. This role is located at our headquarters in Irvine, CA.
- Create vision and objectives for core operational capabilities that enable and enhance delivery of key performance objectives.
- Create vision and objectives for transformation of IT processes, capabilities and operating model in support of business transformation vision to achieve the status of premier technology organization.
- Deliver safe, secure and efficient solutions for IT asset management, central user authority system and integration, automated onboarding and offboarding processes across all departments, laptop hardware and software management, antivirus software solutions.
- Ensure email, messaging and productivity tools (G-suite) are robust and centrally managed for security, stability and overall governed for compliance purposes.
- Oversight for office space and new hire build-outs as we are scaling the company at an accelerated rate.
- Oversight and management of productivity suites like Atlassian Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Expertise in managing AWS cloud based services and cloud infrastructure.
- Manage technology obsolescence and vendor risks.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with senior business leadership to gain their active support for transformation agenda.
- Establish ongoing change management capabilities to support major innovation and transformation programs.
- Manage/enhance risk management strategy, policies, processes, and controls to mitigate organization exposure.
- Attract, develop, and retain top talent to continually improve IT capabilities necessary to increase performance of the organization.
- Define and maintain an IT core competency strategy and plan to guide talent investments and focus.
- Define and execute forward-looking plans to develop relevant new technology skills and capabilities.
- Communicate the company's technology strategy to management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Create strong partnerships with business areas through account management, IT investment guidance, and performance reviews.
- Direct and approve the design of security systems.
- Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested.
- Review and approve security policies, controls and cyber incident response planning.
- Approve identity and access policies.
- Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities.
- Maintain a current understanding of the IT threat landscape for the industry.
- Ensure compliance with the changing laws and applicable regulations.
- Translate that knowledge to identification of risks and actionable plans to protect the business.
- Schedule periodic IT security audits.
- Oversee identity and access management.
- Make sure that cyber security policies and procedures are communicated to all personnel and that compliance is enforced.
- Provide training and mentoring to Information Technology team members.
- Constantly update the IT security strategy to leverage new technology and threat information; both domestically and internationally, specifically with GDPR compliance.
- Brief the executive team on status and risks, including taking the role of champion for the overall strategy and necessary budget.
- Communicate best practices and risks to all parts of the business, outside IT.
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- 401k matching: 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 4 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Accident Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fully stocked pantries and refrigerators with healthy drinks and snacks
Casual work environment, read "no suit and tie required", but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.