Apr 25, 2022🔗
👁️ 23 23 Views
🏢 Rebelle 📍 New York, NY
💰 $80,000 - $90,000 a year 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Accounting 📛 No license required
About our company
Great Barrington's premier recreational cannabis dispensary in the Berkshires of Massachusetts. Shop for premium marijuana flowers & edibles. Open today!
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, analytically-driven, Senior Accountant for our Accounting team to primarily focus on Revenue and other technical accounting functions. This is an excellent opportunity for an accounting professional to apply current knowledge and have the opportunity to continue to learn and develop alongside a rapidly growing company. An ideal candidate will exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments and operate in a fast-paced environment with a positive can-do attitude.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day to day functions of timely revenue reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Revenue data points will be retrieved from sales of the dispensaries, deliveries, and wholesale distribution. You will be a key contributor in the financial statement close process where timeliness and accuracy are crucial.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a comprehensive understanding of U.S. GAAP, sound business judgment as well as strong problem solving and analytical skills.
This position is remote with location preference in New York or commutable distance to our Dumbo shared workspace in Brooklyn.
- Participate in the financial statement close process by preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and other analysis as requested
- Manage critical accounting processes including but not limited to revenue recognition and application of ASC 606, monthly close and projections
- Maintain and manage the schedule of leases for the application of ASC 842.
- Research, provide guidance on accounting topics and assist the Finance team with other ad-hoc projects as needed
- Prepare bank and other balance sheet account reconciliations and schedules along with their supporting documentation for internal and external use
- Liaise with operations team to properly account/record transactions
- Work directly with the Controller on projects and serve as a backup for other accounting functions and their reporting needs
- Ensure proper business controls are in place and assist in the implementation of new controls and procedures when necessary
- Assist in the development of company policies and monitor adherence to existing Company policies and procedures
- Help maintain the revenue recognition policy for changes in the business or for new product lines, and keep management updated of any new policies or projects
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field (Master’s Degree or CPA certification, preferred)
- 4+ years of accounting experience
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of the U.S. GAAP
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills specifically while working for a fast-growing company
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, from staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and proactive. Must have a strong work ethic and be able to meet critical deadlines
- Comfortable working with cloud-based and web-based applications
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with cannabis specific points-of-sale and tracking systems is preferred
Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
Must pass any and all required background checks (CORI)
Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19
Must be approved by the CCC to receive an Agent badge
Community Growth Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected characteristics.
Please include your resume with your application.