May 31, 2019🔗👁️ 19 19 Views
🏢 PharmaCannis 📍 Hamptonburgh, NY
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Processing 📛 No license required
About our company
PharmaCannis is more than a marijuana dispensary—it’s a way to heal better, feel better and live better. From our medicinal marijuana products to our exceptional one-on-one customer care, we bring truth and transparency so you can live your highest quality of life.
The Refining and Post-Processing Scientist is familiar with the basic understanding of thermodynamics principles and wet chemistry techniques. They work independently, and have the ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one to another.
The Refining and Post-Processing Scientist is responsible for the daily processing of raw extract by winterizing, dewaxing, distilling, decarboxylating, and purifying.
They will be utilizing PLC driven systems to achieve high purity precursors by removing impurities from extract through numerous separative techniques, determining the potency of refined cannabis oils, maintaining a clean and organized work environment; and logging all activities involving any cannabis product.
They safely and effectively purify the cannabis extracts into high quality, food safe medical cannabis oils and liquids for ingestion, solid dosages, inhalation, or topical application by registered patients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Performing his/her duties in a safe manner and environment while adhering to all governmental regulations for this industry.
- Carrying out all procedures in an efficient manner that also complies with, OSHA regulations, PharmaCann SOP’s and all applicable procedures.
- Being cross-trained on and working alongside the remainder of PharmaCann’s team with the manufacturing and packaging of PharmaCann’s broad medical cannabis product line as needed.
- Ensuring compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures.
- Following appropriate control measures to prevent mixing of dissimilar production components while following Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Performing in-process and post-process quality assurance testing and conducting visual inspections to ensure all product meets or exceeds PharmaCann’s specifications and patients’ expectations. Such quality assurance work shall include but not be limited to:
o Recording and monitoring process conditions to ensure compliance to standard operating procedures
o Proper weighting, data recording, and batch tracking throughout PharmaCann’s process
o Continually strive to improve PharmaCann’s processes for improved patient safety, quality, and efficient manufacturing
- Monitoring and managing processing equipment supplies and inventory.
- Perform daily Balance checks and calibrations, and confidently calculate Tare-Weight Gross-Weight
- Support maintenance department in developing spare parts inventory and preventative maintenance schedules
- Troubleshoot equipment issues with support from the maintenance department
- Ability to utilize HPLC, UPLC, and UPC² if necessaryUnderstands the principles of evaporation, condensation, separation, and crystallization
- Working knowledge of vacuum systems
- Confident in the operation of production scale distillation equipment
- Ability to operate a liquid chromatographic system
- Familiar with the operation of PLC systems
- Ability to utilize digital inventory control systems (i.e. ERP)
- Assist as required in the compounding, extraction and manufacturing/filling operations
- Assist in the creation and authoring of related SOP’s
- Training with R&D and Engineering teams to roll out new product lines
- Communicate with QA/QC Lab to schedule sample submission for analytical testing
Education/Experience: BS in Chemistry, Pharmacy. Engineering, Applied Science
The ideal candidate will have at least one to three years of applicable medical cannabis or related laboratory/production experience with a focus on ensuring product safety, patient safety and satisfaction, and high product quality.
Working on a production floor operating multiple pieces of equipment, potentially in different work areas spanning the processing section of the building
Standing, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds, carrying glassware.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.