Jun 12, 2019🔗👁️ 13 13 Views
🏢 Hobo Recreational Cannabis Store 📍 Kelowna, BC
💰 $45,000 to $50,000 a year 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Dispensary 📛 Provincial cannabis worker verification
About our company
Hobo is a modern retailer of recreational cannabis in Vancouver and Ottawa.
Our aim is to make the cannabis buying experience disarming, compassionate and human. Were calling bullshit on the stigma. Mother Earth put this good plant here with purpose—let us introduce you to a few of them.
We were publicans first, by virtue of two decades experience in hospitality as Donnelly Group, running public houses, cocktail clubs and barbershops. Our DNA is rich with an affinity for culture, relentless pursuit of remarkable products, and authentic service attitude. Weve summoned our passion for these things and experience as operators and energized it into this modern retail brand.
For these reasons and others, people roll with us.
This is an open call to submit interest in joining the Hobo community. We welcome compassionate, driven individuals with an appetite for learning and a genuine empathy for the well-being of others.
- Maximizes store sales via consistent leadership, planning, execute brand strategy and vision
- Manage and report on all store activities and communicate store requirements as necessary
- Ensure store is presentable, clean and organized at all time
- Delegate responsibilities and deliverables accordingly
- Manage staff by maintaining clear and open communications and disciplinary action when necessary
- Mitigate staff turnover through motivation and encourage growth opportunities
- Review and sign-off on scheduling and ensure appropriate staffing requirements at all times
- Technically and creatively manage all in store product and merchandise
- Build and cultivate lasting customer relationships and enable all staff members to do the same
- Drive and maintain the operational excellence within the stores, troubleshooting to remedy issues in store
- Demonstrate strong time management and organization skills to keep priorities in focus
- Effectively communicate needs and ideas to upper management in order to elevate the business
- Enforce all company policies and programs, ensuring compliance
- Evaluate, optimize and maintain employee hours/scheduling
- Meet sales targets and achieve profitability by controlling costs (labour, supplies, inventory etc.)
- Create relationships with local businesses and participate in community events
- Stay up-to-date (and ensure staff are up to date as well) with product knowledge, company information, new launches, campaigns and promotions
- Adhere to all legislative requirements of cannabis retailers, including federal, provincial and municipal legislation
- Partner with your People and Culture Manager to ensure all people policies and programs are upheld
- Partner with your Community Manager on all in store brand awareness and community initiatives
Job Type / Category
This is a full-time position requiring approximately 40+ hours per week. Every effort will be made to provide consistent scheduled hours, however, flexibility is required as your regular weekly schedule may vary during operating hours Monday to Sunday 8:30 AM 11:30 PM PST, as necessary.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience: Minimum 3 to 5 years retail store manager experience
- Resourceful, creative and solution-oriented
- Ability to work plan, prioritize and organize
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated while still working in a team environment
- A leader with a proven ability to train others and retain talent
- Must be flexible with hours of work and be comfortable with ever changing duties
- Ability to analyze selling reports, identify business trends, and react quickly to the needs of the business
- Proven ability to drive positive customer experiences that build loyalty and deliver measurable results
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Industry awareness and strong business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- You are passionate about cannabis and are excited to bring it to market for recreational purposes
- Bonus points for previous work in a regulated environment before
- Minimum 19+ years of age
- Must possess valid drivers license or Provincial ID
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must possess current provincial cannabis worker verification