Oct 5, 2022 👁️ 16 16 Views
MedMen is North America’s leading cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier.
A Buyer is responsible for orchestrating all points of product buying for MedMen stores in close partnership with Planning, Allocation, Procurement, Marketing, Retail, Logistics, and Visual for MedMen stores in our East Coast locations. A Buyer is responsible for close partnerships internally and externally to progress and scale the business with the scope to include but not limited to placing new buys, chasing bestsellers, building replenishment opportunities, surfacing assortment opportunities, marketing coop/promo negotiation, and managing business reviews. Each state has brands exclusive to that specific state, so the Buyer must be able to be flexible with a localized mindset balanced with a national MedMen strategy is essential to the success in the role.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Evaluates and progresses the assortment in partnership with Merchandising, Planning, and Store Leadership
• Partners with Planning to manage OTB for several markets
• Analyzes and manages On-Order weekly to ensure goods are shipped in time and inventory is aligned; notifies store staff and all cross-functional partners of any delays and problems
• Analyzes weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales, inventory, and gross margin for various markets
• Negotiates costs, promotional periods, and RTV terms with vendors and represents MedMen in overall vendor meetings
• Creates and maintains a Master SKU List and Master PO Log for individual market
• Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications such as cost, case pack quantities, strain availability; Obtain recommendations from suppliers for out-of-stock item
• Partners with Director of Merchandising to develop strategic directions for the assortment including key items, big ideas, growth areas, and brand mix
• Partners with Visual Store Leaders on managing floor-set execution; orchestrating delivery, communicating new vendor introductions, requesting samples, etc.
• Partners with Store Communication for all price changes, promos, and product issues
• Scrutinizes opportunities for continuous replenishment and margin building
• Adheres to existing purchasing policies, processes, and procedures; assists in managing/implementing procurement software. • Performs research analysis of their market and identifies white space opportunity
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
• Has great verbal communications skills to negotiate discounts, plan promos, and maintain internal partnerships, and vendor relationships • Is fluent in retail math and able to deduce key actions from retail KPI’s • Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and strong aptitude with numbers • High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, specifically with formulas and pivots, and strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly • Has great prioritization and organizational skills • Has a team-player mentality and ability to work within a cross-functional workplace dynamic • Flexible and adapting to changing priorities
Working Conditions This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
This job operates in a clerical, office/remote WFH setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Travel Requirements Some travel may be expected for this position.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance No Hi-B sponsorship. Completion and successful passing of Background and Drug Screen. No relocation package available.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.