Jul 7, 2019🔗👁️ 26 26 Views
🏢 Urbn Leaf 📍 San Diego, CA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Other 📛 No license required
About our company
Urbn Leaf is California’s must-see retail cannabis boutique featuring a high-end, comfortable atmosphere and professional attitude that invites inquiry, discovery and conversation.
Urbn Leaf, the new standard in cannabis dispensaries, is looking to hire an in-house Recruiter to join our team in San Diego!
In this position, you will employ traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as develop new, creative recruiting channels. You will play a critical role in ensuring that we are hiring the best possible talent and achieving staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates and advising hiring managers.
The selected candidate must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, as well as the ability to learn all of the specialized functions in the company, a basic understanding of the company's organizational structure as well as knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides service excellence throughout the recruitment cycle, working closely with hiring managers to fulfill staffing requirements and proactively generating candidate pipelines.
- Acts as a point of contact and builds influential candidate relationships during the selection process; remains in constant communication with qualified applicants.
- Monitors and applies HR recruiting best practices.
- Processes hiring requisitions.
- Coordinates with hiring manager(s) to determine best recruiting process for position(s).
- Prepares recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job boards.
- Sources and recruits candidates by using databases, social media etc.
- Screens candidates’ resumes and job applications.
- Conducts phone screens and coordinates interview schedules with candidates and hiring managers.
- Assesses applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, experience and aptitudes.
- Extends verbal and written contingent job offers.
- Onboards new employees in order to become fully integrated.
- Conducts orientation of new employees.
- Coordinates Live Scan background checks.
- Provides analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the management team as requested.
- Improves organization’s attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices.
- Performs reference checks.
- Promotes company’s reputation as “best place to work”.
- Assists Director with roll out of new company initiatives.
- Responds to manager and employee HR questions and issues.
- Other administrative and record keeping duties as assigned.
- Must be over the age of 21.
- Knowledge of cannabis operations is a plus.
- Excellent computer and phone app skills.
- Knowledge of current employment laws and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Skills in database management and record keeping are required.
- Ability to process basic functions and formulas in Microsoft Excel; MS Word required.
- Previous experience working with an ATS (Applicant Tracking System) preferred.
Skills and Attitudes:
Must be motivated, hard-working, and passionate. This position requires someone who is highly organized and detailed with the ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.
Must have ability to:
- Perform all job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Prioritize and organize
- Be a clear thinker, remain calm, and resolve problems using good judgment
- Understand guest service needs and be ahead of the curve
- Work cohesively as a team with co-workers
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of recruitment experience is preferred.
- 4+ years of recruitment experience may be substituted for degree.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Valid Driver's License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 2 hours at a time.
- Ability to navigate stairs.
- Ability to sit for up to 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift at least 20 pounds safely and properly.
- Ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work days, nights, holidays and weekends.
- ATS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Full-Cycle Recruiting: 2 years (Required)
- Human Resources: 2 years (Preferred)
San Diego, CA (Required)
Driver's License (Required)
United States (Required)
Hours per Week:
More than 40 (Preferred)