Jun 13, 2019🔗👁️ 36 36 Views
🏢 Grassroots Vermont 📍 Brandon, VT
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
Grassroots Vermont - one of the premier providers of medical cannabis in Vermont. Founded and operated by a local Vermont family, we pride ourselves on providing natural products made and grown here in Vermont.
The Production Technician (trimmer), reporting directly to the Production Manager, is responsible for executing and maintaining all daily operations of the Production and Packaging Department to achieve the company initiatives. Additionally, the Production Technician maintains the policies and procedures of the company and ensures compliance with all state and local laws and regulations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Trimming marijuana flower and packaging across the company production departments for the company RMDs and home delivery orders
- Coordinate waste disposal upon completion of each order and ensure policies and procedures for waste disposal are adhered to.
- Ensuring waste is properly stored, either in the Plant Trash Bins or the General/Non-Plant Trash Bins.
- Ensuring products are properly stored and labeled.
- Audit and record all weights of all cannabis material given by Production Lead from start to order completion on the appropriate Control Sheet. Immediately informing Production Lead of any discrepancies in weights
- Working with Cultivation Team to assist in harvests as needed
- Execute the preparation, production, and packaging of cannabis products
- Monitor, clean and maintain all trim and packaging equipment and operate all equipment safely in its intended manner.
- Complete all orders of products or trimmed cannabis as delegated from Production Supervisor in an efficient and timely manner, meeting all necessary deadlines
- Request equipment maintenance, purchases, and repairs with the Production Manager as a need is noticed
- Ensure compliance at all times with all sanitation regulations and safety standards in the production of all extracted products produced by the company as set in the company’s Policy and Procedure Manuals
- Performing duties as needed outlined in the daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedules
- Reviewing Communication Binder for current information and updates at the start of every shift
- Executing and enforcing compliance of all local and state regulations.
- Follow weekly schedules to ensure there is proper coverage based on the business needs
- Upholding all the company policies and procedures.
Training & Development:
- Consistent development of trimming and packaging skills.
- Participating in quarterly department meetings.
- Owning personal training and development regarding current on product knowledge and policies and procedures and seeking out answers as needed from the Production Manager
- Providing documentation and feedback to the Extraction Manager for the completion of team annual performance evaluations self evaluations.
- Following flawlessly all of the company Time and Attendance Policies
Ensuring that trimmed product is producing sufficient flowers to meet the needs of MIPs and extractions.
Controlling & Preventing Loss:
- Proficient in product protection.
- Maintain current and up to date knowledge of security procedures and protocols as applicable to position and facility.
- Assisting in the execution of monthly product and supply inventory audits as needed
- Maintain current and up to date knowledge Loss Prevention (LP) procedures
- Must be 21 years old.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills.
- Being able to work with a team.
- Having organizational skills.
- Having decision making skills.
- Being analytical.
- Being detail oriented.
- Being proactive.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 hours a day and rotating shifts;
- Flexible schedule availability including nights, weekends and holidays;
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds;
- Ability to sit, squat, bend, and kneel repetitively throughout a work day;
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time;
- Ability to use a ladder (up to 12 ft. extension) and general hardware tools needed for common repairs;
- Ability and willingness to work in the following conditions:
- General office environment;
- Extended computer usage;
- Extended phone usage including teleconferences, and
- Work environments that include exposure to, but not limited to, fumes, dust, odors, heights, indoor AC, no AC, motion, and noise.
- Management reserves the right to assign other job duties as necessary. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Grassroots Vermont complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Grassroots Vermont expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.