Jun 24, 2019🔗👁️ 33 33 Views
🏢 Surterra Wellness 📍 Wimauma, FL
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Dispensary 📛 No license required
About our company
Our Mission: Well-Being for All.
Feeling truly well is a gift—and everyone should be able to achieve it. We’re here to empower you and your family to unlock all the benefits of cannabis with the safest, highest quality products and a welcoming experience that’s designed to help you feel your best.
Surterra is looking for a Supervisor with the skills to implement and maintain processes related to the manufacturing of cannabis.
Responsibilities of the Supervisor include management of employees, troubleshooting and improving processes, training and coaching direct reports, scheduling, quality and auditing SOPs. Using our "Six Characteristics" (detailed below) as a compass, our goal at every step in the process is to deliver superior products to our consumers. Supervisors will ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, troubleshoot issues, be a strong teammate, and effectively produce products for the manufacturing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Surterra Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations.
- Responsible for specific deliverables including production and quality targets.
- Maintains and enforces compliance with Department of Health requirements.
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Manage, train and assess new staff.
- Manage employees and help to resolve employee issues.
- Train, schedule and assess new/current staff.
- Work with both manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Participate in the recruitment process for other team prospective team members.
- Plans workload distribution and assists in inventory management/ordering.
- Evaluate quality control and quality assurance statistics and modifies SOPs, as needed.
- Responsible for auditing laboratory procedures, writing, maintaining and training the quality control technicians in procedures per Standard Operating Procedures guidelines.
- Reviews all daily laboratory paperwork and corrects errors found in a timely manner.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with our without notice.
Experienced with lab equipment, including rotary evaporation, short path distillation, wiped film evaporation, HPLC and or GC-MS. Technical proficiency in MS Office, excellent communication skills, negotiation and sales skills, highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales, strong organizational and time management skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing as a technician or relevant job experience.
- Florida Resident.
- Experience in compounding or manufacturing preferred.
- Familiarity with quality control, policy and procedure and documentation.
- Travel as necessary (between locations).
- Residence within the current geography or willingness to relocate to the current geography is required.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.