Aug 23, 2019🔗👁️ 41 41 Views
🏢 Dreamfields 📍 Palm Springs, CA
💰 $50,000 - $70,000 a year 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Other 📛 No license required
About our company
Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, the Dreamfields family of companies are committed to continuous innovation and growth in the cannabis industry. Forged in the legalized cannabis market, our brands & products, licensed cultivation, manufacturing & distribution campuses and partners stand as a beacon to preserve and promote the cultural, social, medicinal and positive impacts that cannabis brings to our nation, local communities and families.
Dreamfields, under various brand names, is the operational arm of a strong distribution network and supply chain that spans across California. The Cannabis Production Manager will manage day-to-day operations in a regulated, cannabis packaging operation in Desert Hot Springs, CA.
THIS IS NOT PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT OF A CULTIVATION OR GROW.
The position includes managing a team of technicians in producing a number of cannabis products including, multiple sizes of prerolls (hand rolled and automated), eighths, infused products, vapes cartridges, tablets, edibles, etc from raw product to finished packaged product. Manager will need strong inventory management skills, a production quota driven mindset, product development & operational experience, extensive cannabis packaging experience and strong attention to detail in designing processes and producing consistent finished products. The ability to work in a team, report to executive management and regulatory compliance is an important responsibility of this role as well.
- Develop and maintain flower production room operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing operational policies and procedures
- Work closely with production team on all elements of the product preparation process
- Oversee procurement of flower / biomass and noncannbis supporting products
- Maintains accountability and inventory of all materials, finished products, and by-products
- Train and assist team members to get operation optimized for mass production
- Apply scientific techniques, procedures, or methodologies to complete tasks
- Identify research areas that could lead to the development of new products
- Effectively communicate results to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Interact with business team members to address technical or regulatory questions and provide solutions to problems
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors or equivalent experience
- Experience as an effective project team leader
- Effective computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to pass a Live Scan background check
- Demonstrate leadership by actions and acts as an example to others at all times
- Ability to manage a small team in a laboratory setting and to work independently in a continually changing environment
- Excellent experimental design, data collection, results interpretation, and problem-solving skills
- Have a collaborative attitude and work closely with other scientists / business team members
- Effective at time management, detail-oriented, highly organized, and motivated by accomplishment
- Ability to present ideas effectively and communicate well with all levels of management within a team environment on a variety of programs and projects
- Quality Control: 5 years (Preferred)
- Production Reporting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Cannabis Production: 3 years (Preferred)
- Production Management: 10 years (Preferred)
- Cannabis Industry: 3 years (Preferred)