|Processing Technician – Mill/Drying Room||
May 23, 2019🔗👁️ 17 17 Views
🏢 PharmaCannis 📍 Hamptonburgh, NY
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Processing 📛 No license required
About our company
PharmaCannis is more than a marijuana dispensary—it’s a way to heal better, feel better and live better. From our medicinal marijuana products to our exceptional one-on-one customer care, we bring truth and transparency so you can live your highest quality of life.
We are seeking a Mill/Drying Room Operator to help run our milling and drying room operations to produce medical cannabis oils and other liquid formulations at our cultivation and processing center. The Mill/Drying Room Operator will work closely with our cultivators and processing staff to schedule and process material as needed to meet production demands. They will report to the Processing/Packaging Manager.
Duties and responsibilities or (Essential Functions)
The Mill/Drying Room Operator will be responsible for safely and effectively process postharvest cannabis in preparation for materials that go directly into high quality, food safe medical cannabis oils and liquids for ingestion, inhalation, or topical application by registered patients. Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out all procedures and performing all duties in an efficient manner that also complies with, industry regulations, OSHA regulations, PharmaCann SOP’s and all applicable procedures.
- Be willing and able to be cross-trained on and working alongside the remainder of PharmaCann’s team with the harvest, drying, trimming, weighing, processing, filling, packaging and any other tasks associated with PharmaCann’s broad medical cannabis product line as needed.
- Ensuring compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product movement procedures.
- Following appropriate control measures to prevent mixing of dissimilar production components while following Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Performing in-process and post-process quality assurance testing and conducting visual inspections to ensure all product meets or exceed PharmaCann’s specifications and patients’ expectations. Such quality assurance work shall include but not be limited to:
- Recording and monitoring processing conditions to ensure compliance to standard operating procedures.
- Proper weighing, data recording, and batch tracking throughout PharmaCann’s process.
- Monitoring and managing processing equipment supplies and inventory.
- Monitoring/Maintenance of HVAC systems that control drying operations, including dry steam applications; monitoring temperature and humidity
- Experience operating/maintaining high powered electric driven machinery.
- Processing of cannabis inflorescence in preparation of extraction.
- Ability to perform Loss on Drying to determine the water content in a flower
- Perform daily balance checks and calibrations, and confidently calculate Tare-Weight Gross-Weight.
- Be willing and able to train future new team members as necessary.
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D minimum.
- Age: State law requires that applicants be 21 years old and over.
- Experience: The ideal candidate will have at least one to three years of applicable medical cannabis or related production experience with a focus on ensuring product safety, patient safety and satisfaction, and high product quality.
Competencies/Additional Requirements include:
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Team Player
- Willingness to learn and improve each operation.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (i.e., trimming plants in a warm and humid environment, weighing product and regular inventory).
- Availability to work occasional weekends and holidays
- Ability to utilize digital inventory control systems.
Standing, bending, and lifting up to 50 pounds, carrying product totes, pushing carts, moving and making adjustments to process equipment while occasionally wearing Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.