Mar 26, 2019🔗👁️ 30 30 Views
🏢 MedMen 📍 Utica, NY
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Supply Chain 📛 No license required
About our company
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you'll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Plant Manager who provides overall leadership and Supply Chain management for functions relating to our manufacturing facility. This includes Cultivation, Extraction, Finished Product Manufacturing, Distribution, QA, and Maintenance of the plant.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Leads and sets the strategic direction for the Plant team to include:
- Establishment of the Plant's vision to assure consistency with the corporate vision and direction.
- Building a culture of employee engagement
- Developing plan to achieve the Plant's goals
- Owns talent management for the plant including but not limited to employee development, employee performance reviews, and succession planning
- Meet the customer's expectations by ensuring product availability meets the demands of customers
- Provides for effective labor relations within the operations unit by ensuring that employment practices are fair and consistent
- Build and own the plant financial budget for all operations, including variable and period budgets and meeting key performance indicators that are aligned with the business matrix at the Division level
- Leads and directs cost and operational improvement initiatives, including raw material yield and reliability, to ensure that the Plant is producing and shipping the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost
- Ensure all guidelines of Good Agricultural Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices, SQF, ISO Standards, and OSHA standards are in compliance
- Oversees and ensures compliance of all policies and procedures for the total facility including health, safety, sanitation, environmental processes, quality, and safety
- Partner and collaborate with corporate functions
- Leads, supports and embraces a Continuous Improvement culture.
- Ensure safety and efficiency of the facility. Able to lead root cause analysis investigations
- Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred
- 5+ years' plant operations experience
- Required knowledge of accepted quality control procedures and guidelines
- Effective oral and written communication skills and expertise in the areas of human relations skills and team development within
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing projects from start to finish
- Leadership skills that exhibit integrity, ownership and a "can-do" attitude are a must
- Decision-making skills with an inherent ability to command, consult, gain consensus and effective delegation also required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Attention to Detail.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Business Acumen.
- Presentation Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position does not approve visa requirements, H1-B sponsorship, special clearances, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.