|Patient Care Coordinator||
Mar 30, 2019🔗👁️ 66 66 Views
🏢 Vireo Health 📍 Bethlehem, PA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Dispensary 📛 No license required
About our company
Vireo Health is a physician-founded, patient-focused company dedicated to providing best-in-class cannabis-based products and unrivaled care. We integrate best-in-class medical, scientific, and engineering practices into the cannabis industry. We are committed to creating safe, all-natural cannabis-based products and a compassionate patient experience. Pending the successful completion of five pending acquisitions, the Company will operate in 11 states — Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, Rhode Island, Arizona, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Pennsylvania Medical Solutions (PAMS) is a physician-led, multi-state medical cannabis company that is committed to safely alleviating pain by providing patients with best-in-class cannabis products and compassionate care.
PAMS companies cultivate cannabis in environmentally friendly greenhouses, manufacture pharmaceutical-grade cannabis extracts in state-of-the-art labs, and offer their products for sale to qualifying patients who meet with a specially trained licensed pharmacist at retail dispensaries and online.
PAMS is looking for a full time patient care coordinator. Our successful candidates will have the opportunity interact with qualified medical cannabis patients all around the state of Pennsylvania.
Job Responsibilities: Serves patients eligible for cannabis-based medications.
Patient Care Coordinator (not all inclusive): We are looking for an energetic and dedicated team player for Cannabis Patient Centers (CPC) in Pennsylvania
- Participates in our startup team as we develop policies, medications and systems
- Completes CPC operational requirements by maintaining an organized work flow
- Maintains vigilance for patient medication safety
- Assists patients and families through the CPC process
- Provides information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and patients
- Complies with state law and regulations
- Participates in record keeping and reporting necessary for State compliance
- Adheres to infection-control standards such as hand washing
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Protects patient safety regarding cannabis medication use
- Help patients determine the best treatment course under the supervision of a registered pharmacist
- Provides exceptional customer service to medical cannabis patients
- Maintains cash register and accountability for assigned drawer
- Completes opening/closing procedures
- Utilizes computer systems appropriately for daily operations
- Receives incoming orders, shipments and deliveries
- Schedules appointments, assists with refilling orders and creating new patient orders/sales
- Utilizes different software applications to set up patient appointments, refills, and home deliveries
- Responds to all patient inquiries via phone, email or other methods of communication as assigned.
- Performs CPC maintenance/cleaning duties as assigned.
- Attends staff meetings, continuing education, training etc. as directed
EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING:
- Preferred experience in both clinical and retail settings
- Demonstrated experience and impeccable interpersonal skills involved in service industry and able to apply these to a patient population with debilitating illness
- Experience in record keeping preferred
- Experience as a receptionist or office manager is preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Maintains and safeguards entrusted confidential information
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, and co-workers
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to function independently
- Punctuality and responsible time management skills
- Ability to understand, support, and implement organizational policies/procedures, along with government regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
- Maintains professional relationships with patients and co-workers
- Ability to perform job duties effectively when under stress
- Ability to multi-task when needed
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and grow with position/company
- Analyzing information and implementing quality control
- Applies good judgment
- Attention to Detail
- Must be willing to work every Saturday
- Additional Information
PAMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.