Apr 6, 2019🔗👁️ 11 11 Views
🏢 Swell Companies Limited 📍 Portland, OR
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Supply Chain 📛 OLCC Marijuana Worker Permit
About our company
We are a fast-growing, fully licensed cannabis extraction and consumer packaged goods manufacturer that provides house-branded consumer products and B2B manufacturing contract services, both through our own sales and distribution team.
We deliver best-in-class products and services by only hiring knowledgeable and innovative professionals who enjoy a challenge. We like creativity, passion, and fun.
We are looking for a Packaging Supervisor to join our dynamic team!
The Packaging Supervisor is responsible for the efficient coordination of the Packaging Department, while also creating and maintaining an organized, efficient work environment. This position directs and monitors the activities of Packaging Technicians and Packaging Leads; provides effective leadership, coaching and development of staff; and builds positive team dynamics that are focused on quality outputs and high volume.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Packaging Supervisor is accountable for the efficient coordination of packaging team members through effective execution in directing and monitoring the packaging process.
- Plans and implements work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet performance standards.
- Ensures product quality via periodic auditing of Packaging Technician outputs.
- Evaluates issues, analyses cause, and communicates corrective actions to the Sr. Operations Manager.
- Uses data to evaluate and improve processes and procedures.
- Ensures packaging equipment is maintained and calibrated as necessary.
- Maintains a working knowledge of OLCC Rules and ensures the Packaging Department upholds a high standard of compliance to those rules.
- Participates in internal audits as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Conducts reviews of non-conforming finished products, ensures quality control is maintained and corrective actions are developed.
- Develops and implements procedures to ensure repeatable performance.
- Ensures alignment between quality goals and performance standards.
- Communicates with other Packaging Supervisor to coordinate tasks and activities between shifts to ensure continuity.
- Tracks employee work performance and attendance.
- Uses Metrc and other software tools to manage inventory to maintain compliance.
- Leads and Develops Packaging Team Members by:
- Coaching Packaging Technicians on quality performance, output, and quantity.
- Emphasizing quality in performance and people.
- Communicating effectively with employees orally and in written form.
- Conducting employee training to improve staff expertise and knowledge in techniques or assigns training to Packaging Lead.
- Providing feedback to employees on individual performance standards in a timely and efficient manner.
- Building rapport and collaborative relationships across departments.
- Training and coaching
- Interpersonal communication
- Decision making
- Time management
- Ability to manage hourly team members in executing fast-paced, high demand project outputs
- The Packaging Team works in a manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to strong odors or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment can be louder than a typical office.
- The temperature of the work environment can be cool, averaging 58-65 degrees.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand or sit for long periods; use hands to perform movements while wearing nitrile gloves; and reach with hands and arms. Production requires accurate, repetitive, small motions.
- The position involves sitting, standing, and occasional lifting less than 20 pounds
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
2+ years in a lead or supervisory role over a team of at least 10 employees, preferably in a food processing or manufacturing environment.
Supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)