|Manufacturing and QA Manager||
Apr 20, 2019🔗👁️ 10 10 Views
🏢 Noa Botanicals 📍 Honolulu, HI
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Other 📛 No license required
About our company
Every patient has a story. It’s our job to understand it. It’s the best way to guide you step by step to find the medical cannabis treatment options that work for you.
We act as a partner on your personal healing journey, helping you make informed decisions that enhance and support your health.
As one of the first dispensaries in Hawai῾i to make quality medicinal cannabis available to our community, Noa truly lives up to its name, which means “freedom from restriction” in Hawaiian. We invite you to discover the naturally medicinal therapies that work for you, grown right here with care and precision on our O’ahu farm.
At Noa, we stand for science and innovation, cultivating only the most effective cannabis strains that treat a spectrum of health challenges. We are ready to guide you on your path and empower you with knowledge so you can better live life on your own terms.
The Manufacturing & Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Manoa Botanicals manufacturing and packaging departments. Additionally, the manager will also be responsible for the production of extractions, infused products and other products as assigned at the production facility in accordance with state and local laws and regulations and Manoa Botanicals standards. The Manufacturing & Quality Assurance Manager provides support for all packaging and processing agents including schedules, training, policy and procedure updates, industry news, and product information. The Manufacturing and Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the documentation and tracking of inventory control procedures and all manufacturing and packaging procedures. This position reports directly to the Production Manager.
CORE JOB DUTIES (includes but not limited to):
Agent Support and Management:
- Responsible for overseeing the packaging and processing staff, facility schedules, manufacturing processes, inventory, and vendor relations.
- Serves as a role model and resource for packaging and processing staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations.
- Respond to all agent questions, concerns, or suggestions and takes action when necessary in order to resolve conflicts.
- Responsible for overseeing the delegation of tasks to packaging and processing agents to maintain a compliant and clean facility.
- Coordinate with the upper management team to ensure accurate information and documentation is provided.
- Ensure compliance with all state laws and regulations regarding packaging and processing. Coordinate inventory tracking procedures with the Inventory Manager.
Manufacturing Operation Management:
- Oversees all manufacturing tasks and processes, ensures proper documentation of all applicable activities in accordance with the state and standards set by Manoa Botanicals.
- Plans, coordinates and oversees the transition of product development by ensuring the proper tasks are executed and the environmental conditions support the manufacturing of superior product quality.
- Oversees supply stock, orders, and deliveries to ensure efficient levels of all manufacturing inputs and supplies.
Reports and Documentation:
- Maintains accurate records of all manufacturing activities including employee records, inventory records, deliveries, and returns in accordance with the state and standards set by Manoa Botanicals.
- Ensures agents properly document all required information throughout all manufacturing procedures.
- Audits record-keeping and implements measures as needed to ensure thorough documentation of all manufacturing activities.
Inventory Control and Management
- Plans and executes inventory control procedures for all manufacturing materials, supplies and finished product.
- Manages manufacturing supplies by assessing and calculating inventory needs based on product orders and projections.
- Communicates with the Operations Manager regarding inventory control and tracking procedures including results and patterns of loss, surplus and discrepancies.
- Reviews products for approval, rejection and releasing for sale all products produced in the production facility for Quality Assurance to give the approval.
- Participates in quarterly quality control audits and meetings with other department managers to discuss quality control audit findings and corrections.
- Responsible for the preparation and execution of Manoa Botanicals extraction-based and infused-based product line through the measuring and processing of product in accordance with the State and standards set by Manoa Botanicals.
- Maintaining a safe and clean production area and work environment at all times.
- Ensures consistency and efficacy of product through quality control testing and procedures outlined by Manoa Botanicals.
- Additional Duties as Required.
- Accurate data entry and record keeping.
- Accurate mathematical calculations in relation to manufacturing products.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with ability to interact comfortably with senior management and team members.
- Proven ability to multi-task and excel under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both in teams and independently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Proficiency in windows-based software and internet navigation.
- Desire to perform work in great detail that yields high levels of accuracy and accountability.
- Demonstrate ability to acquire understanding and absorb new information rapidly.
- Thorough understanding of medical marijuana policy and law.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Ability to make decisions as necessary with oversight when needed.
- Possess and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
Operates with occasional supervision from the Production Manager. Follows established policies and procedures, contributes to the development of new concepts, policies and procedures as necessary to perform job duties and tasks.
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Two-year degree in a culinary, manufacturing or related field, or demonstrated experience in food and beverage manufacturing.
- Two years of experience in a position with managerial responsibilities. Thorough understanding of state and local medical marijuana laws and how they apply to the operations of Manoa Botanicals.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail. Effective time-management and ability to multi-task. Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment. Proficiency in windows-based software and point of sale applications.
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds (up to 100 with assistance).
- Ability to work up to 7 days per week including holidays, weekends and evenings during high production initiatives
- This job function may include walking, sitting or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over, kneeling and/or crouching
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull, and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance)
- Regular attendance, as scheduled, is required for this position
- Ability to use a ladder (up to 12 ft. extension) and general hardware tools needed for common repairs
Ability and willingness to work in the following conditions:
o Exposure to pollen, allergens, and chemical pesticides in the grow facility or greenhouse
o General office environment
o Extended computer usage
o Extended phone usage including teleconferences
o Work environments that include exposure to, but not limited to, chemicals, fumes, dust, odors, extreme heat temperatures, heights, indoor AC, no AC, motion, noise, protective gear, vibrations, and water
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY
This is only a preview of the benefits we offer to our employees. Detailed information about eligibility, enrollment and other benefit provisions are provided upon employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be discontinued without notice.
Medical, Drug, Vision, Dental Coverage
PTO, Paid Holidays
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:30am-4p; Occasional Weekends/Holidays/Night work may be required.
Work Locations: Kunia
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and staff in accordance with sound employee relation practices and federal and state laws. Noa Botanicals is also firmly committed to taking affirmative action to employ qualified individuals with disabilities, veterans with disabilities, veterans, minorities, and women, and to advance them in employment. If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation during the application process, please contact our HR Department at 808-550-9848.
- Supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)
- Quality Assurance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacuring: 3 years (Preferred)