|Licensing Specialist Assistant||
Jun 22, 2019🔗👁️ 37 37 Views
🏢 Vicente Sederberg LLP 📍 Boston, MA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Administrative 📛 No license required
About our company
Vicente Sederberg is the Marijuana Law Firm - Shaping the Laws, Connecting the Players and Building an Industry. The attorneys specialize in marijuana law and policy development and share expertise with all stakeholders in this new, ever-changing regulatory environment. They advise businesses in new opportunities, state applications, licenses, corporate formation & restructuring, employment contracts, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial real estate, dispute resolution, with a specialization in compliance. For businesses and individuals, they offer criminal, civil and administrative representation. The firm serves local, state, federal and foreign governments in drafting legislation and regulations.
This position prepares cannabis licensing applications, researches laws and regulations, and drafts documents to assist firm Partners and Attorneys, as well as performing a variety of administrative support duties.
Vicente Sederberg offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance coverages 100% paid for by Vicente Sederberg for all of our full-time employees. We also offer a 401k with 4% company match, paid time off, paid sick time, fitness membership reimbursement, paid parental leave and employee equity incentive plan!
Responsibilities of our Licensing Specialist Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Assist with ongoing client projects, including drafting, populating, and compiling cannabis licensing applications.
- Coordinate with clients to collect and organize materials for submission of cannabis license applications.
- Prepare and assist with logistics for applicant-led community outreach meetings and municipal hearings.
- Participate in inspections of marijuana facilities for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and preparation of documents related thereto.
- Assist with correspondence to state regulatory authorities regarding client projects and requests.
- Maintenance of templates and SOPs for licensing document forms, workflows, and databases.
- Provide expert licensing and excellent administrative support with minimal supervision; demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and handle various tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Ensure documentation is properly filed electronically and physically.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; High School required.
- 2+ years of experience working as a Legal Assistant or Administrative Assistant preferred.
- Exceptional organization skills, strong self-motivator with high attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with Net Docs, Clio, Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw and DocuSign preferred.
- Excellent time and deadline management skills in fast-paced environment, able to juggle multiple projects and reprioritize quickly and efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including familiarity with common legal terminology.
- Ability to uphold highest standards of discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions.
- Qualified applicants please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to be considered.
Vicente Sederberg is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color national origin, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
No phone calls please!
Administrative Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
Boston, MA (Preferred)
United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules