Mar 27, 2019🔗👁️ 34 34 Views
🏢 SC Laboratories 📍 Santa Cruz, CA
💰 $15 - $17 an hour 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Testing 📛 No license required
About our company
SC Laboratories is an analytical laboratory based in Santa Cruz, California specializing in safety and quality assurance testing for the Cannabis Industry.
We are seeking to add on to our collaborative team environment, and at this time are focusing on hiring 1 Full-time Lab Technician,preferably with a degree in a science related field.
Must currently reside in the Santa Cruz area.
Must be comfortable working with cannabis within a typical chemical/biological laboratory environment.
Please submit a current resume for consideration. All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
SCHEDULE: Tuesday-Saturday from 2:00pm-10:30pm
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform work functions and keep records per approved SOPs and/or laboratory policies.
- Maintain records of all quality activities as documented in SOPs and test methods.
- Handle samples and perform analysis according to SOPs and test methods.
- Write and review SOPs and test methods as requested.
- Help improve laboratory and/or quality activities on a continuous basis.
- Ensure that proper sample submission form protocols are followed.
- Perform any tasks as requested by management to ensure the proper function of the lab.
- Is involved with the laboratory Intake procedures, which include routine use of analytical balances.
- Create LIMS Batch Orders.
- Complete equipment performance verifications as authorized.
- Receive supplies and process the corresponding documentation upon authorization.
- Identify and record actual or potential nonconformities or corrective actions, as well as preventative action requests, respectively.
- Support the laboratory through functions such as cleaning, organizing, filing of laboratory records, retrieving test items from retention.
- Maintain equipment as authorized.
- Complete performance verifications of the equipment he/she is authorized to utilize.
- Report deficiencies or malfunction to the supervisor.
- Monitor levels of laboratory supplies and submit reorder requests to the attention of management.
- Prepare solutions upon authorization.
- Correct actual nonconformities and potential nonconformities within the limit of his/her competency.
- Improve Laboratory and/or quality activities on a continuous basis.
- Participate in method development and method validation as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Special knowledge: Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices and the use of common laboratory apparatus; knowledge of the principles of analytical and wet chemistry.
- Skills: Read, write, and speak English, use LIMS, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google drive applications, Camera /Associated Software / Lightroom.
- Abilities: Follow written and verbal instructions; work effectively in a collaborative environment and effectively communicate with all coworkers and managers. Ability to display critical thinking and problem-solving techniques.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma (or equivalent) and at least two (2) years of practical Lab experience OR Two (2) years of college coursework completed and at least one (1) year of practical Lab experience. Applicants with a science related four (4) year degree are preferred.
practical Lab environment working: 1 year (Required)
High school or equivalent (Required)
United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs