|IT Support Specialist||
Aug 7, 2019🔗👁️ 19 19 Views
🏢 NUG, Inc. 📍 Oakland, CA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Information Technology 📛 No license required
About our company
NUG, Inc. is a premier, state-licensed, and vertically-integrated California cannabis company. From its patented cutting-edge technology, to its award-winning branded products and dedication to equity and community involvement, NUG’s leaders are pioneers and innovators in the cannabis industry, having established an industrywide standard for handcrafted, organic seed to sale cannabis cultivation and manufacturing. Founded in 2014, NUG continues to expand and diversify its portfolio, which includes world-class R&D, state-of-the-art cultivation, extraction, and distillation facilities, one of California’s largest wholesale cannabis distributors, and the new, unparalleled NUG retail store experience.
The IT support team maintains the computer networks of all types for the organisation, providing technical support and ensuring the whole company runs smoothly. IT support monitors and maintains the company computer systems, installs and configures hardware and software, and solves technical problems. Potential candidate will also assist on IT purchases and inventory control.
- Assist in the installation, configuration, administration, operation, maintenance and repair of all technical equipment, including but not limited to workstations, servers, printers, proprietary track & trace technology/equipment.
- Responsible for the network back system, including monitoring nightly backups.
- Assists in user maintenance in the local Actively Directory structure.
- Work on various projects, both individually and as part of the team, including software rollouts and hardware upgrades.
- Assist staff in the proper use of their computer systems and provide basic training where necessary.
- Assist in maintaining system documentation, - system configuration, changes, policies and practices.
- Assist in developing effective IT solutions to meet NUG business objectives, when required.
- Assists on pre-made queries to rectify data or modify the data accordingly.
- Work in accordance with NUG policy and procedural guidelines.
- Comply with all Occupational Health & Safety guidelines, reporting any potential risks or hazards.
- Configure and monitor devices connected to the network of different type of network protocols.
- Follow safe work practices for self and others
- Assists on any type of purchases and needs that the department or its responsible parties may need or encounter.
Key Skills / Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications / Attributes:
- Sound working knowledge of Windows/Mac configuration & troubleshooting.
- Ability to configure, diagnose and rectify problems and install software as required
- Good working knowledge of MS Office/Google suite
- Familiarity with the Internet, for research, locating of drivers and troubleshooting purposes.
- Ability to diagnose and rectify PC/Mac hardware problems.
- TCP/IP networking is desired.
- Network configuration of IP devices such as NVRs and STNMP protocol devices.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with staff and managers in all departments and offices.
- Excellent user liaison skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in English.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in technology
- 3+ years IT experience
- Bachelor degree Computer Science, Engineering or related.
- Familiarity with Cannabis industry concepts, practices and procedures
- Familiarity with Cannabis industry and its culture, enthusiasm for its vision and appreciation for its long-term potential.
- IT Support: 2 years (Preferred)
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
A valid IT Specialist certification (Preferred)
Monday to Friday