Feb 25, 2022🔗
👁️ 23 23 Views
🏢 NorCal Cannabis 📍 Long Beach, CA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Dispensary 📛 No license required
About our company
Our Company’s mission is to bridge the strong roots and rich heritage of our industry with the bright future and unlimited potential now available to companies that fully understand the intricacies of our business. From seed to sale, our brands, products, and assets are meticulously developed from cultivation and manufacturing to direct sale to the consumer. Throughout the entire process, we value every element of the supply chain and proudly serve distributors, retailers and consumers across California.
We are committed to equality, diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We know we will always have to work to contribute to making our world a more equitable place. We focus first on building a values driven foundation inside the physical and virtual walls of our company and make concerted efforts to engage in the local communities we operate in and the global community for which we are citizens.
We strive to be a steward of our ecological environment, knowing that our business’s health and the health of our people is dependent and integrally connected to the health of the earth's ecosystem. We do our best to tread lightly.
This is a key store leadership position that drives sales performance by championing an overall store culture of accuracy, compliance for both the inventory team and the overall store team. Outstanding inventory leadership ensures we have the right product at the right time to delight our customers and fuels our sales/success.In this role, you will be responsible for leading the inventory team, inventory control processes, procedures. You will supervise all inventory activities performed by the inventory team and sales associates to ensure smooth and efficient operations in the store. Responsibilities include overseeing inventory compliance, inventory reconciliations, receiving of all products, quality control and food safety; ensuring segregation and disposal of outdated, damaged, deteriorated, misbranded or adulterated cannabis; ensuring proper tracking and disposal of unusable products based on state and local requirements; processing and packaging of product as needed; ensuring that the oldest stock of cannabis products are distributed first; executing precise daily, weekly and monthly inventory counts; support audits in accordance with state guidelines; and the daily tracking and supply of product inventory both at the service counter and in inventory storage.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Store Manager.
Must be fully Vaccinated
What you’ll do
- Ensure accurate inventory reporting to the Store Manager relating to inventory, track and trace and control
- Develop a safe, organized and compliant system for the storage, receipt and processing of inventory
- Receive all products for the stores using Metrc and POS /Inventory Management System
- Assess quality of product and resolve quality concerns
- Oversee product processing projects as needed, ensuring appropriate quantities, accurate weights, quality control, sanitation standards, and proper packaging and labeling
- Determine and adhere to a strict policy and set of procedures for the disposal of unusable cannabis products in accordance with state and local laws and guidance from local law enforcement
- Oversee accurate product packaging and labeling meet all local and state labeling requirements
- Oversee and continuously develop efficiency with daily restocking and the introduction of new inventory
- Facilitate daily, weekly and monthly inventory counting and tracking; report results to the Store Manager
- Support store leadership with scheduled inventory audits
- Minimize shrink by immediately implementing corrective plans after identifying the root cause of the issue
- Communicate weekly with leadership to maintain inventory budget and goals
- Ensure inventory policies and procedures are being observed by all employees
- Maintain appropriate levels of supplies, organization and overall cleanliness of the department and product storage areas
- Maintain accurate, organized and compliant departmental records; review for assurance that no errors have occurred, or if they have occurred, that they have been investigated and resolved
- Maintaining accuracy and upkeep of daily Metrc (track & trace) needs, records, tags, negative packages.
- This role will require you to have keys and codes to the stores in addition to being responsible for opening and closing procedures.
- You will oversee the product/ brands promotional calendar and be responsible for setting up discount and promotion codes in our POS system.
What we are looking for
- 2 years of experience in inventory control and/or supply chain
- Prior experience working in the cannabis industry and/or knowledge of metrc training is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree and/or one or more years of management experience preferred
- Able to work days, nights, holidays and weekends
- Self-starter and very organized
- Basic computer operating skills; advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail
- Follows store/company code of conduct
- Minimum 21 years of age
- This role requires frequent lifting and/or moving of items over 50 pounds
What we bring to the table
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision insurance benefits for employees and their dependents.
- Product discounts.
We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.