|Inventory Control Technician||
Jun 20, 2019🔗👁️ 138 138 Views
🏢 WeedMD Rx Inc. 📍 Strathroy, ON
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Compliance 📛 No license required
About our company
WeedMD Inc. is the publicly traded parent company of WeedMD Rx Inc., a federally-licensed producer and distributor of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates two facilities: a 26,000 sq. ft. facility in Aylmer, Ontario and a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse and outdoor facility located in Strathroy, Ontario. The Company currently has 136,000 square feet of licensed indoor and greenhouse production space across its facilities and is expected to have a total footprint of more than 550,000 square feet of indoor and greenhouse production space online in 2019. In addition, 27 acres of outdoor cultivation has now been approved for cultivation with first harvest expected in the fall of 2019. WeedMD has a multi-channeled distribution strategy that includes selling directly to medical patients, strategic relationships across the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies.
The Inventory Control Technician will focus their efforts on all Inventory activities both physically and in the ERP/MRP system. This role will manage inventory by performing general physical activities to load, unload, transfer and move shipments by hand or using material handling equipment and maintain all transaction within the ERP/MRP system.
- Maintains accurate stock inventories and performs cycle counts
- Manages the secure and accurate loading, unloading, sorting and moving shipments both by hand and with the use of equipment
- Picking and inspecting shipment contents, comparing records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy of shipments
- Prepares production tickets, material pick lists, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials;
- Inspects the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off
- Ensuring inventory transactions are accurately maintained and delivered to production facility in a timely manner
- Daily end of shift reconciliation in ERP system
- Issuing product in/out of secured storage for manufacturing activities
- Examine inbound/outbound shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of shipments and inventory movements;
- Weigh and manage bulk inventory containers, ensuring accurate weights.
- Label and seal packaged products according to SOPs.
- Prepare customer orders with a high attention to detail, within time guidelines.
- Ability to learn new processes.
- Ensure FIFO and GMP (Good Manufacturing Processes) are followed.
- Maintaining shipping/receiving area, warehouse interior and exterior keeping the area neat and tidy and ensuring items are properly stored
- Adhere to shipping and regulatory compliance procedures
- Complete daily shipping & receiving functions and logs; and report discrepancies in documentation, shipments, deliveries to your immediate supervisor
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of material handling (e.g. dollies, forklifts, hand trucks, jacks, pallet trucks and wrapping machinery) with preference given to a holder of a valid forklift license is an asset
- Minimum 2 years of relevant inventory management in ER/MRP systems
- Strong math skills with a proven ability to read and interpret documents such as health and safety rules, shipping/receiving forms, shipping contracts, material safety data sheets, storage and handling recommendations, standard operating procedures, policy manuals
- Ability to use a scale, repetitively maintaining high level of quality.
- Strong inventory and production management skills
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
- Positive outlook, willingness to learn and contribute to company success
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to multitask while maintaining a high standard of safety protocols
- Good Documentation Practices
- Physically capable to stand, walk, bend and stoop to load and unload orders throughout a shift of work
- Must be detail and accuracy orientated, cooperative and a problem solver
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule of work, have a strong work ethic and positive team attitude
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Inventory Control: 2 years (Preferred)