|Human Resources Manager||
Sep 15, 2021🔗
👁️ 5 5 Views
🏢 Eaze 📍 Los Angeles, California
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Human Resources 📛 No license required
About our company
Eaze is a cannabis delivery platform and marketplace that connects adult consumers with licensed dispensaries and products. Stachs LLC is a subsidiary of Eaze Technologies and supports the operations of a network of cannabis delivery, manufacturing & distribution facilities. Eaze has built a sophisticated logistics and technology platform to provide fast, efficient delivery of a broad variety of cannabis products across California. We are on a mission to enhance safe access to legal cannabis, educate people about cannabis as a tool for wellness, and drive smart cannabis policies.
As the Human Resources Manager, you will provide guidance to Stachs' and Eaze's HR operations. You will be responsible for setting, regulating, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies, procedures, and best practices, and identifying and implementing talent management goals. You will be reporting directly to the Senior Director of Human Resources.
- Act, collaborate and represent Human Resources in partnership with Operation Leadership to build strong networking and alignment of departments.
- Work with Operation Leadership toward company goals of increasing work productivity, work culture and engagement.
- Reporting to the Director of Human Resources - partner and escalate all employee relation concerns.
- Establish reliable channels for driver communication for both regular communications and company-wide announcements.
- Use your customer centric approach and responsiveness to respond to general employee inquiries and provide guidance in resolving issues.
- Own the role of expert subject matter on Human Resources functions.
- Research and handle special projects as assigned.
- Manage the recruiting process for 40 - 150 employees at various locations.
- Screen, interview and work together with Operations on hiring decisions.
- Implement new onboarding processes and streamline HRIS systems.
- Follow review process administration.
- Train and create development needs for leadership growth within the company.
- Manages and monitors Performance Review process.
- Establish and document training procedures for all employees on compliance aspects: harassment, safety, covid regulations, code of conduct and handbook.
- Establish all federal and California state applicable laws within the workplace as well as Leave of Absences for employees.
- Ensure compliance with EEOC and any or all diversity and inclusion laws.
- Partner and collaborate with Union / Union representatives on building relations and common goals for employees.
- Assist in contract interpretation for Leadership.
- Conduct leadership training on CBA and outstanding items of concern.
- Ensure proper payroll handling of wages and dues are conducted on a monthly basis.
- Educate and administer Benefits for all new hires as well as execute open enrollment procedures.
- Ensure processes are met with onboarding and offboarding of benefits for all employees.
- Coordinate worker’s compensation incidents or claims.
- What you bring:
- Excellent computer skills/literacy, with expertise in the Microsoft Office / Google Drive Access.
- Use your people skills to provide excellent customer service, in-person, email, and by telephone.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
- Proficient research and problem solving skills.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Gain trust and confidence of Operation Leadership.
- Be a strategic leader who is clear and convincing.
- Work with and embrace diverse work groups.
- Show initiative, creativity and exercise sound judgment.
- Be organized, detailed and excellent at managing your resources, data and time.
- Be cool under pressure.
- Balance your life at work with your life outside of work.
- Ability to work flexible hours - typically all day shift with some evenings or weekends on rare occasions.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Human Resources Field.
- Minimum of 2 years leading or coaching others.
- Minimum of 2 years labor relations experience.
- HR Certification (either PHR, PHR-CA or SHRM-CP) preferred - not required.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel experience, Google Drive platform.
- Excellent English skills with strong writing and speaking ability, and excellent presentation skills.
- Have a California driver's license, insurance and car.
Why you should join:
As an organization, we are keenly aware of the injustice of the war on drugs - which for so many years has been used to incarcerate Black and Latinx people on a massive scale. We are always trying to do our part to support these communities, whether it's through the promotion of social equity brands or funding underrepresented cannabis business founders through our accelerator program.
We are committed to growing a diverse and welcoming team in a safe space to be yourself and learn from your colleagues. We strive to be an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourage people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Eaze does not discriminate by race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.