|Human Resources Manager||
Jan 31, 2022🔗
👁️ 8 8 Views
🏢 Curaleaf 📍 Taneytown, MD
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Human Resources 📛 No license required
About our company
Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. In the United States, Curaleaf currently operates in 23 states with 123 dispensaries, 25 cultivation sites, and over 30 processing sites, and employs over 5,000 team members. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production.
Curaleaf is looking for an experienced HR Manager for a fast-paced and growing company. We're in search of a qualified and resourceful HR Manager to perform duties in support of our Connecticut Operations including Cultivation, Operations, Retail and Administrative Functions. This position will be the HR Business Partner to the state leadership team and department managers. The HR Manager will be responsible for a wide variety of both HR strategic and administrative support, helping the Connecticut team with staffing, policies and procedures, training and development, unemployment and benefits, and handling employee relations. The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise discretion and good judgement in a variety of situations, build effective relationships with others, work independently, and have excellent problem-solving skills.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assist in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual(s)
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include compliance training, anti-harassment training, etc.
- Recruits, interviews and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to ensure the successful onboarding of new hires
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs
- Develops and refines HR-related approaches, policies, and procedures for the company, to support business objectives
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; turnover, and training and development
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance; performs audits as required
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law(Labor Relations experience preferred)
- Maintains employee information in the HRIS system, personnel files, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Skills: