|Human Resources Manager||
Apr 1, 2022🔗
👁️ 10 10 Views
🏢 Ascend Wellness Holdings 📍 Athol, MA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Human Resources 📛 No license required
About our company
AWH is a vertically integrated cannabis cultivator, processor, and dispensary operator with assets in Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, and Ohio. We seek to foster a robust and inclusive cannabis organization through providing a premium, unmatched customer-focused retail experience and producing quality and mindfully created cannabis products. Our goal is to build a world class team that will continue our mission of helping to shape the future of cannabis and bettering our customers life with cannabis. How will we achieve this? By offering unrivaled quality, consistency and meticulously curated products that satisfy our customers unique, individual needs.
When it comes to customer service experience, our dispensaries will set a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness. As a team that is committed to our values, our people, and our communities; we are looking for people who are inspired by our vision and stay dedicated to our mission as we scale continuously.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for directing the planning, development, implementation, administration, and budgeting of most or all Human Resources functions, including but not limited to the following: employment, recruitment, employee relations, EEO, compensation/benefits, and organizational development. Develop and drive creative HR initiatives and activities. Advise company management in Human Resources policy and program matters.
This role is on site at our location in Athol, Mass. Relocation assistance is an option.
- Overseeing and managing the Human Resource department; planning, organizing, and controlling all activities of the department
- Developing and administering various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; participating in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Implementing and annually updating compensation programs; conducting annual salary surveys and developing merit pool (salary budget), analyzing compensation, and monitoring performance evaluation program and revising as necessary
- Developing, recommending, and implementing personnel policies and procedures, preparing and maintaining Employee Handbook
- Performing benefit administration to include claims resolution, invoice approval, and annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness, information activities program, and cash flow
- Developing and maintaining affirmative action program: filing EEO-1 annually, maintaining other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Developing and implementing strategic recruitment plan; ensuring selection of highly qualified personnel
- Establishing and maintaining department records and reports; recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Participating in administrative staff meetings; attending other meetings with business partners
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Broad generalist background including coaching and counseling, performance management, employee involvement, teambuilding, as well as compensation and benefits
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
- Experience in implementing and administering performance programs, preferably in a company that put strong emphasis on performance metrics
- Must have demonstrated success in recruiting and retaining diverse employee talent, including creating and implementing recruitment strategies
- Exceptional project and personnel management skills
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point is essential
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with our senior management team
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass background check
- A minimum of 7 years related HR experience, at least 5 of these years in a management role
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Manages and motivates staff (including hiring, firing & performance management).
- Train, direct and appraise staff.
- Issues written & verbal instructions; examines for conformance to regulations and policy.
At Ascend, we care about the safety of our patients, customers, A Listers and vendors. Therefore, AWH requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. Individuals with religious or medical accommodations may request an exemption.