May 14, 2019🔗👁️ 3 3 Views
🏢 High Park Company 📍 Petrolia, ON
💰 $65,000 a year 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
High Park Company is seeking a Head Grower - Cannabis (NOC 0822: Managers in Horticulture)
- Responsible for the coordination of work to ensure successful crop productions and completion of production schedules.
- Establish and maintain required plant environment/ fertigation using Priva system
- Strong organizational skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Suite
Job Duties (Essential Roles and Responsibilities):
- Work towards achieving maximum yield, with lowest costs while maintaining high quality standards.
- Coordination of production schedules
- Responsible for the creation and/or review of all Production SOPs
- Ensure that all personal working under his/her supervision has been trained, has signed and follows the relevant SOPs.
- Provide leadership for problem and conflict resolution
- Develop the Best Practice document in collaboration with Master Horticulturist
- Train or ensure that new growers are trained according to our Best Practice document, IPM and Fertigation
- Monitor, oversee and control the environment/fertigation using Priva system
- Work with the Growers/production leads on the performance of production employees while maintaining a safe, clean and compliant workplace
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities, with production and quality assurance, setting clear expectations of the work to be done with the growers to ensure product quality
- Complete all documentation to meet the company GMP standards requirements
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, and safety
- Implement and contribute to the improvement of the Cultural Program
- Provide a weekly Summary of Crop Status to the Operations manager/Master Horticulturist
- Propose crop improvement and act on the changes only with a written approval of the Master Horticulturist.
- Any other duty deemed essential as requested by the Master Horticulturist, or the Operations Manager
- Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have completed at least Horticulture Certificate or Diploma, higher education level is a must.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years work experience in a supervisory role in Greenhouse Production (cannabis or other plants)
- Must be proficient with Priva software and hardware and worked with the Priva system for greenhouse climate control.
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong inventory and production management skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Capable of multi-tasking, with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
WORK LOCATION: 4376 Lasalle Line, Petrolia, ON
LANGUAGE OF WORK: English
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent, Full Time Position
PAY: Competitive pay band aligned with experience and performance in role starting at $65,000 per year including performance pay and bonuses
BENEFITS: Comprehensive health, dental, employee and family assistance program as well as health care spending account
AVAILABILITY: Day, Shift
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As Soon As Possible.
SECURITY AND SAFETY: Must have the ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES: Bending, Crouching, heavy lifting and Kneeling
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: Minimum 2 years work experience