|Graphic Designer (Remote)||
Mar 4, 2022🔗
👁️ 527 527 Views
🏢 Weedmaps 📍 Remote
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Other 📛 No license required
About our company
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees.
The Brand Creative team at WM Technology articulates and brings to life who we are as a brand and the value our products offer through various communication touch points. We are on a mission to build a best-in-class design organization that supports all functions of our business ecosystem. We’re looking for a Graphic Designer to join our Brand Creative team that sits within our larger design organization, WM Design. You are enthusiastic about everything design – typography, color, imagery...and eat design trends for breakfast! You’ll partner with brand and project managers, writers, producers, photographers, videographers and work hand in hand to craft best-in-class creative for Weedmaps and WM Business.
As a Graphic Designer you are responsible for implementing and executing design and copy solutions that meet the Weedmaps brand standards across various marketing touchpoints. Our ideal candidate has a knack for all things print/digital and is obsessed with great design. This role will collaborate with lead creatives, copywriters, traffic managers, and cross-functional teams to ensure creative deliverables are met on-time and effective. This entails creating original designs, processing existing assets, and versioning of pre-determined campaign creative.
The impact you'll make:
- Conceptualize and design solutions from concept to completion for all print, digital and branded Marketing communications.
- Receive direction from Creative Director & Art Director to ensure design and photo re-touching are at highest quality output for marketing efforts.
- Creating original graphic asset packages for partners, product/industry education and internal initiatives.
- Work closely with internal Print Production and Vendor Pre-Press groups to ensure highest quality output of materials.
- Maintain digital asset organization with proper file naming and organization for upload and archiving by ensuring metadata tags and proper file structure are maintained.
- Stay up to date with new image editing techniques, software and tools.
- Exhibit excellent team collaboration skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, high volume production environment.
- Experience with batch actions and scripts for processing large volumes of work.
- Have excellent time management skills and ability to meet quick turnaround times.
What you've accomplished:
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in the creative field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Graphic Design or similar Professional Certificate.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge, Lightroom, etc.
- Exceptional design talent, including detailed sense of typography and expertise in the appropriate applications is mandatory.
- A basic understanding of the marketing and advertising landscape. Cannabis industry a plus.
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to take direction and execute accordingly
- Pro-active self-starter and a “can do” problem solver who thrives with hard challenges in a fast-paced environment, but can take direction and work well within a small team.
- Experience with Digital Asset Management Systems.
- Experience receiving creative briefs and pitch decks.
- Relative knowledge of creative design and production workflow.
- Energetic individual who strives to be a positive influence on peer group and cross-functional team.
- Pro-active self-starter and problem solver who thrives with challenges in a fast-paced environment.
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent - employer paid premium 80%
- HMO - Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA - Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!