|General Store Manager||
Feb 28, 2022🔗
👁️ 5 5 Views
🏢 Caliva 📍 West Hollywood, CA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Dispensary 📛 No license required
About our company
What started in 2015 as a nudge from the universe immediately transformed into a business built on intention, transparency and positive energy. Everyone at Caliva is powered by our passion for plant-based solutions and purpose to deliver natural, more sustainable wellness options that allow people to lead healthier, happier lives.
We are more than a company; we are a group of people working together with focus in everything we do. Our team is filled with passionate, happy people — and a shaman who blesses our plants with good vibes every Wednesday. We believe the positive energy we put into our work and the plant is essential to creating amazing products. This is the heart of our ethos at Caliva.
The role of the General Manager is to drive the retail store business and customer experience to achieve established goals through hands-on leadership and contributions. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the General Manager is responsible for leading all aspects of the retail business including team hiring & development, operations, visual merchandising, selling, and customer service. The General Manager plans and directs the day-to-day activities and develops strategies to elevate the customer experience, achieve all store goals, and drive profitability.
What You’ll Do
- Embrace and demonstrate alignment with TPCO Values – Integrity, Positive Energy, Bias to Action, Connectedness, Truth Seeking
- Adhere to all city and state regulations
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Promote positive employee morale by creating an enjoyable, challenging, and rewarding work environment
- Achieve established store goals through strategic and effective initiatives centered around providing an unparalleled customer experience
- Maintain leadership of all store KPIs: oversee the daily sales ledger, shift logs, tracking and reporting
- Maintain and deliver strong communication with the Retail Leadership Team across stores and corporate roles as well as with other cross-functional business partners
- Responsible for all 4-wall activity: including personnel, operations, visual, sales execution
- Inspire and influence: lead by example always and drive positive results by building an excellent customer and team experience
- Ensure a profitable store by working within the parameters of established store budgets which includes payroll management
- Create strategic action plans for business opportunities and capitalize on proven successes
- Proactively recommend new and improved processes for all operating procedures
- Provide training, guidance and follow up to all direct reports on a consistent basis
- Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings and facilitate training sessions
- Drive new and repeat customer visits by creating a customer experience that is centered around product knowledge and education and high service standards
- Effectively communicate with the corporate office and other business stakeholders as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
What You Have
- 2-4 years of retail management experience
- Entry-level knowledge of cannabis products and related vocabulary is preferred
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to adapt to a changing work environment
This position will work in an indoor facility with controlled temperatures; may be exposed to bright lighting, loud equipment, airborne particles, and working in close proximity with customers and staff.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and occasional overtime as needed.
- Schedule is 40+ hours per week
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete a post offer, pre-employment background check with the local law enforcement or San Jose Police Department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Some lifting, squatting, bending, pushing, and pulling.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, bend, lift, push, pull, talk, and hear for extended periods of time.