Mar 19, 2019🔗👁️ 64 64 Views
🏢 Abstrax Tech, Inc. 📍 Irvine, CA
💰 $14 - $16 an hour 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Processing 📛 No license required
About our company
This is an amazing opportunity to join one of the fastest growing legal industries in California.
We are a family of scientists, farmers, and pioneers working toward the development of a modern, global industry. Abstrax Tech, Inc. is a leading innovator of the sensorial experiences that shape the cannabis industry.
We specialize in ingredient, processing, and formulation science with a specific focus on terpene research as it relates to:
- Flavor Profiles
- Discovering New Valuable Molecules
Abstrax collaborates with established equipment and instrument manufacturers to help advance the industry in the manufacturing and analytical sectors.
We are with some of the industry’s largest & growing brands, doing custom formulations for products like vape pens, concentrates, topicals, tinctures, alcohol and more.
At the heart of the organization, Abstrax is constantly exploring the nuances and molecular details of cannabis.
Can see yourself being a vital contributor in this Company?
We are currently seeking a/n for our location. If you would like to be part of a groundbreaking experience in an exploding industry apply now!
Due to volume of resumes received, we only respond to the most qualified candidates. Walk-in applications not accepted all candidates must complete the pre assessment.
What you will do:
Formulation chemist is responsible for the blending of weighed raw materials to make a finished product with the highest quality and done in a timely manner. The position will also include performing molecular distillation to purify naturally derived terpene isolates and perform internal QC/QA via GC-FID.
- Ensures weights, measures and raw materials are managed appropriately to assure batches manufactured contain proper ingredients and quantities.
- Keep a running log of raw isolate inventory.
- Mixing/blending of isolates to make a finished product with tight error margins
- Adjust machine settings to ensure that the product quality will be within specifications
- Molecularly distill terpenes to further increase purity
- Check the purity of molecularly distilled terpenes via GC-FID
- Continuously inspect product quality and make sure that all product being packed is within company’s standard. Reports product deviation greater than 0.5% to supervisor for corrective action
- Sanitation of equipment and removal of all leftover flavor/fragrance isolates
- Aim for 0% mistakes
- Practice Good manufacturing and Housekeeping
- Follow all SOPs and Procedures
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Review completed production documentation (batch records, log books, etc.) for quality and compliance.
- Maintain records and a clean environment to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Ready batches for other shifts
- Complete non-routine jobs as assigned by Production Manager, Compounding Supervisor, or Lead Compounder
- Work cooperatively with co-workers and Supervisors
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work
- Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude;
- ability to lift 40 pounds, stand for long periods of time,
- attention to detail, and maintain good personal hygiene.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Team player committed to quality and working effectively with others.
- Motivated self-starter, results-oriented, dependable, organized, efficient work traits, disciplined, and able to work with minimal supervision.
Abstrax Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Irvine, CA (Preferred)
United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Flexible schedules