|Flower Processing Tech||
Dec 15, 2021🔗
👁️ 73 73 Views
🏢 Jushi 📍 Scranton, PA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Jushi is a vertically integrated, multi-state cannabis company that develops and operates high-end retail locations, premium brands, state-of-the-art cultivation, processing, manufacturing facilities, along with a cutting-edge online platform that is setting a new standard for a sophisticated, data-driven, modern cannabis experience.
Since its founding in 2018, Jushi has grown from just a handful of people with an idea to more than 900 employees strong. The Company has scaled its operations in seven states, including Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Illinois, California, Nevada, and Ohio, and has been named one of the top five cannabis companies to work for by Cannabis Business Times.
Want to make a meaningful difference in peoples’ lives while earning a competitive salary? At Jushi, we are shaping the future of the cannabis industry, the fastest growing jobs sector in the U.S. The Flower Processing Technician – Sorting, trimming and jarring of flower and primary packaging of cannabis-based medicines. The role is responsible for all aspects of flower processing from post harvest through primary packaging. These responsibilities include trimming, sorting, assembling trimmed product into various containers and packages as well as ensuring that the appropriate quantity, weight, and type of product is packaged and accurately documented. This position works in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity and acts with professional regard to the management and use of all production facilities and processing equipment. All qualified applicants will be trained in the use of equipment for processing.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES
- Perform mechanical and hand trimming/sorting of cannabis flower
- Perform mechanical and hand primary packaging of cannabis flower flower by weight
- Adheres to a rigorous production schedule and works to ensure product is processed and documented in an accurate and timely manner.
- May be called upon to buck & shuck the harvest during peak times
- Label and clean storage bins, work areas and equipement
- Cleaning and maintaining of Curing/Trimming areas
- Performs curing duties as required, including misture testing and water activity readings
- Records & documents all activities in record keeping systems of all details including but not limited to traceability, quality and maintenance
- Operate, maintain, calibrate and clean processing equipment, responsible for light to medium maintenance of automated equipment including cleaning and preventative maintenance
- Reports any event or condition that might affect final product
- Follow all site Safety requirements including use of PPE and required attendance at Safety meetings
- Provide feedback to improve process quality and efficiency
- Perform other functions as necessary to provide an adequate supply of product to meet patient demand
- Adhere to strict sanitation practices throughout the facility
- Other tasks, as determined by the Manager of Processing, to ensure smooth operation of facility
- Record keeping of all details pertinent to processing and inventory
- Able to work independently as well as operating as a team
- Conduct inventory counts of primary packaging materials. Responsible for keeping an inventory of processing materials to ensure supply chain stability
- Provide feedback to improve process quality and efficiency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) required
- One year of experience in horticulture or related field encouraged
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in any Horticulture preferred
- General computer ability/skills, mathematical, language and reasoning skills
- Previous experience in medical cannabis industry (preferred)
- Occassionaly perform desk-based computer tasks
- Frequently sitting, standing and walking
- Occasionally Twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl
- Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication may be required. Sitting or standing for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- Some heavy lifting may be required. Exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment and manual tools
The job is performed indoors. Must be able to work in hot, humid environments for extended periods of time with exposure to dust, allergens, and water. Appropriate PPE will be required and provided. Activities include extended periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, stooping, cleaning and bending. Twisting in tight areas may also be required at times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability.