Oct 14, 2022🔗
👁️ 13 13 Views
🏢 Weedmaps 📍 Remote✨Remote OK
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Accounting 📛 No license required
About our company
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
As a member of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team at Weedmaps, you will help strengthen financial data integrity to streamline processes driving P&L management, Domain Org support, forecasting, reporting, and various ad hoc analysis. You’ll be heavily relied upon as a cornerstone of the FP&A team that aims to accurately assess and improve the company’s financial position to accelerate company growth. As the dominant technology leader in the rapidly expanding cannabis space, Weedmaps has an opportunity to help define the market landscape - and we invite you to help capitalize on this once in a lifetime opportunity.
The Impact You'll Make:
- Create and maintain financial models, reporting, and presentations on behalf of the FP&A team and in collaboration with our Accounting partners, Budget owners, and General Managers to drive P&L forecasts and Marketplace support.
- Collaborate with Accounting to ensure general ledger related expenses are accurately populated through meticulous transaction review, journal entry level scrutiny, and general reconciliation. Address missing or incomplete financial data as needed.
- Promote efficiency across Finance & Accounting processes to increase overall productivity through the automation of reports, actuals reconciliation, presentations, and forecasts.
- Support all relevant ad hoc and ongoing efforts in Weedmaps’ place as a publicly traded company on NASDAQ (MAPS).
- Drive variance analysis, calling out key drivers separating Actuals from Forecast by function (department) and internal P&L categories on a monthly basis.
- Contribute to monthly P&L Forecast Postmortem assessments, sharing key insights and actionable steps to continuously improve our consolidated P&L forecast accuracy.
- Help drive the Annual Operating Plan and Budget process across the organization, creating templates, working with key stakeholders, and consolidating data for analysis executive presentation.
- Understand our data sources and dashboards by working with our dedicated data resources to ensure clean data feeds into various financial and operational models.
- Own a variety of ad hoc analyses and projects to deliver insights and/or process improvements to our leaders and team
What You've Accomplished:
- 2+ years of experience in FP&A or Accounting. Bachelor's degree required
- Proficient with Google’s G Suite tools (Sheets, Slides, Docs, etc.)
- Capable of working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Experience with Salesforce, FinancialForce, Netsuite, and / or Tableau
- Strong written and verbal communication through traditional means - but even stronger communications via GIFs and memes
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent - employer paid premium 80%
- HMO - Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA - Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- BenefitEd (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Monthly day off for mental health
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights, and much more!