May 9, 2022 👁️ 91 91 Views
Columbia Care is one of the largest and most experienced cultivators, manufacturers and providers of cannabis products and related services, with licenses in 18 U.S. jurisdictions and the EU.
Columbia Care is one of the original multi-state providers of medical cannabis in the U.S. and now delivers industry-leading products and services to both the medical and adult-use markets. In 2021, the company launched Cannabist, its new retail brand, creating a national dispensary network that leverages proprietary technology platforms.
The company offers products spanning flower, edibles, oils and tablets, and manufactures popular brands including Seed & Strain, Triple Seven, gLeaf, Classix, Press, Amber and Platinum Label CBD.
The Extraction Technician is responsible for the facility’s overall extraction process and day-today production following established protocol and regulations. The Extraction Technician will lead the extraction lab team through the activities required to manufacture, store, maintain equipment and materials necessary to run a world-class extraction lab.
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
• Follows Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations.
• Maintains testing and formulating operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing operational policies and procedures.
• Performs QA/QC through analytical testing for quality, consistency and efficacy.
• Works closely with production team on all elements of the testing and formulating process.
• Masters various techniques for marijuana extraction and infusion, including butane extraction.
• Develops expertise in testing and formulating methods as well as the purification, separation and isolation of various compounds of cannabis.
• Responsible for inventory, recordkeeping and quality of product at all times, maintaining inventory via seed to sale tracking.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
• All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in chemistry or similar field.
• 1-4 years of experience in related position with an emphasis in an operations production/manufacturing environment.
• Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope production activities, both operations and analysis.
• Experience with analytical testing required and HPLC- specific experience preferred.
• Experience in various cannabis testing or formulation methods preferred.
Travel %: 0-10 FLSA status: Non-exempt 2
Additional Abilities Required:
• The job requires physical activity, including prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting or moving up to 10 pounds (or more with a coworker). Good visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and ability to perform repetitive motions with accuracy is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position.