Apr 20, 2019🔗👁️ 19 19 Views
🏢 Harvest, Inc. 📍 Culver City, CA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Marketing 📛 No license required
About our company
At Harvest, we are in the business of improving people's lives. We bring our purpose to life by creating life-enhancing experiences in the communities we serve, navigating our business lines with excellence, and dedicating ourselves to shaping the future of cannabis as a leading healthcare solution. As a team that connects, enlightens, and empowers, Harvest is looking for leaders who are inspired by our vision and wish to grow with us as we continue our national expansion. If you too would like to improve people's lives, we'd like to learn more about you.
The Harvest Way is defined by our people. We are committed to our values and have created a culture of trust, but we also remember to have fun. Here are a few more reasons why Harvest is a great place to be:
- Competitive pay
- Attractive insurance benefits and options
- Paid time off
- Professional development and employee engagement initiatives
We believe in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our company a welcoming space where everyone can make an impact on Harvest's success. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to join us.
Harvest's Events Manager is a Brand Ambassador who sells the organization's products and/or services to established customers and develops new prospects within the assigned territory. The Brand Ambassador is responsible for maintaining sustainable records of sales achievements/quotas. The Brand Ambassador will have a broad knowledge of the organization's range of products and /or services as well as organization's philosophy and policies. The position may require special training for sales of certain products and/or services of goods/services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for event procurement
- Select appropriate venues and events based on critical evaluation of opportunities and their ability to engage target consumers in an authentic, brand-right way
- Propose and manage an annual budget for event activation by region
- Develop strategies and systems to maximize effectiveness and minimize repetition of efforts for recurring events, i.e., added value
- Work with the Brand Management team to identify key markets/regions where strategic sales growth is necessary
- Provide the director with weekly activity reports recapping events executed and filing for future
- Provide director with monthly activity recap and planning meeting
- Brief director on prior month's activities and upcoming monthly programs
- Balance budgets on monthly basis
- Travel quite extensively
- Leverage opportunities to promote the events using all marketing means possible
- Become the expert on the target consumers and raise awareness throughout the organization
- Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Work collectively and respectfully with other team members.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Must be highly organized, have attention to detail and good time management ability
- 5 years related experience; 3 of those in team management positions
- Experience negotiating event and venue contracts
- Successful track record managing multiple projects, people and budgets
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with proven analytical ability, reporting event performance, ROI, trends and seasonality and related insights to events team and executive management
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Ability to articulate job goals in a manner they're completed effectively the first time.
- Through extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the work day. Must be capable of working in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above.
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US; proper employment documentation.
- Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location:
- Exposure to fertilizer, dusts, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables.
- Bachelor's degree required; Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum High School or G.E.D equivalent is required.
The above requirements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description may be amended at any time. Required experience, training, or educational requirements shall be as indicated or as deemed acceptable by Harvest management.