|Dried Processing Manager||
Mar 31, 2019🔗👁️ 29 29 Views
🏢 HEXO Corp. 📍 Belleville, ON
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Processing 📛 No license required
About our company
In 2013, we created Hydropothecary to meet the needs of the medical cannabis market. With the addition of HEXO, our adult-use cannabis brand to our roster, we’ve set our sights on being a market leader – through innovation, sustainability, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We have the opportunity to make the cannabis industry serious, business-oriented, and responsible. So we’re building a dynamic team of professionals that aren’t afraid to step outside of their role, try new things, and challenge the status quo.
Reporting to the Director of Processing, the Dried Product Processing Manager is responsible for all milling, decarboxylation, product preparation and pre-roll production of dried product required to fill Purchase Orders for Dried Product. They will also be responsible for all dry product processing of material that is needed to fulfill any SKU that requires dried product input. This includes, but is not limited to; sublingual spray, massage oils, topicals, concentrates, cannabis beverages and edibles.
Candidates must be able and willing to work from our Belleville facility and must not have a legal impediment to employment. HEXO Corp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain dried product production schedule in conjunction with Production Planner, Harvest, Oil Processing, Logistics, Packaging and Sales.
- Plan, organize and monitor work flow for all activities: work with the supervisors and team leads to ensure proper allocation of tasks and implementation of efficient work practices;
- Plan, organize, monitor and participate in workflow for post-harvest production (milling, decarboxylation product prep and pre-roll production): allocate tasks to team members and oversee execution;
- Liaise with facilities for proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment and facilities used is the process;
- Ensure the collaboration of dried processing teams with the Quality Assurance team to:
- Lot product for sale;
- Collect and submit samples for analysis;
- Observe control points and equipment, as well as monitor resources to ensure quality standards are met;
- Compile, sort, analyze data and report on production performance. Make recommendations for improvement;
- Develop and implement cost reduction solutions whenever possible, while maintain product quality;
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of reporting systems;
- Hire, train and supervise employees;
- Assess individual and team performances, create and implement appropriate action plans as required;
- Lead by example and ensure all employees adhere to Hexo rules and procedures, as well as safe and sanitary working procedures and practices always;
- Regular mentorship of supervisory roles.
- Assist the Director of Processing in other projects from time to time.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree/Diploma in science or similar field of study
- 3-5 years of management experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Impeccable organizational skills – timelines are often tight, and variables are constantly changing. One must rely on their organisational skills in order to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Critical/logical thinking – have to locate problems, and then think of those problems from a variety of perspectives to assess the best solution
- Very strong leadership skills – teams are often comprised of very bright, raw talent. Mentorship is critical for company goals to be accomplished
- Excellent communication skills – working with people across the manufacturing process, they have to be able to manage people well and communicate new ideas effectively
- Creative thinking and excellent problem-solving skills – have to be able to solve problems in a new way, seeing past what is established and create a new way of doing things
- Calm under pressure – must be able to troubleshoot at an advanced level. If a problem is delaying manufacturing, they must be able to come up with effective working solutions quickly
- Commercial awareness – usually working within strict time and budgetary constraint
- management: 5 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
Bachelor's Degree (Required)