|Distribution Supervisor, Fleet||
Sep 3, 2021🔗
👁️ 92 92 Views
🏢 Connected Cannabis 📍 Northern California
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Supply Chain 📛 No license required
About our company
11 years from our humble beginnings as the founders of Fruitridge Health & Wellness in Sacramento, Connected now maintains a portfolio of proprietary top-shelf cannabis genetics cultivated in state-of-the-art grow facilities. We are proud to be the largest grower of premium flower in California.
With three retail doors in California, recent expansion into Arizona and national expansion plans in motion, we operate one of the fastest growing, vertically integrated cannabis companies in the country.
Our mission has remained the same since day one: To breed, grow and sell the best cannabis in the world. This commitment to deliver at the absolute pinnacle comes to life in the standards we hold our product, our people, and our partners to every day.
Proprietary genetics cultivated with cutting-edge technology and over 100 years of combined plant cultivation experience has earned our flower the highest wholesale price in any major legal market. Our continued curiosity can be traced back to an early obsession with R&D that poured resources into what is now one of the most advanced cannabis breeding programs in the world.
In 2017, we welcomed Alien Labs to the Connected family; a partnership built on the foundation of like-minded quality standards and the desire to raise those standards across the industry.
Today, a new emphasis on elevated experiences will ride in tandem with geographical and menu expansion on the fast paced and thrilling road ahead for the entire Connected family of brands.
Under the immediate direction of the Manager, Distribution, this position will oversee the overall fleet operations in California, and will be expected to fulfill at least 40+ hours per week and be on-site for each shift. This is not a remote position. Experience with fleet maintenance, warehouse safety protocol and forklift operation is highly desirable.
We are seeking an experienced Distribution Supervisor to ensure our fleet team maintains high safety standards, talented professionals, strong customer relationships, advanced and innovative technology, new and well-maintained state-of-the-art equipment, good core values and a sincere dedication to the Cannabis industry. As a result, we can guarantee the absolute best quality Cannabis delivery service.
What You Will Do
- Develops and motivates the Fleet team to solve day-to-day operational issues to ensure a flawless and efficient delivery.
- Drives productivity by setting daily, weekly and long term individual and team goals.
- Ability to flex in the moment to resolve issues that potentially cause delivery delays and operational inefficiencies. Responsible for creating and maintaining processes that drive optimal performance in the following categories
- On-time pickup and delivery performance
- Out of route miles
- Driver availability
- Accommodation of special routing needs
- Expense control
- Demonstrate on-site leadership by modeling leadership qualities and proactively addressing concerns, conflicts, and communication hurdles with team members.
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist the team to solve operational issues.
- Ensure a safe work environment by: observing and coaching employees, addressing potential safety hazards, and maintaining fleet vehicles and repair activities.
- Work closely with direct leadership to control costs and expenses in your operation in regards to labor, supplies, fuel, maintenance costs and other related expenses.
- Create and document key processes in the department that will drive continuous improvement while ensuring our reach to sustainable goals.
- Recommend opportunities to drive both strategic and continuous improvement, developing the tools, processes, and capabilities across all functions to transform our ways of working.
- Oversee preventive maintenance schedule to ensure timely service for all vehicles.
- Initiate or authorize employee hire, promotion, discharge, or transfer activity by partnering with the Distribution Manager, People Operations and Talent Acquisition.
- Reviews applications, interviews job applicants on eligibility lists and prepares individual recommendations.
- Maintain tracking and metrics for fleet operations. Ensure compliance with all fleet processes and SOPs, review metrics with the team and work to improve efficiency.
- Ensure proper onboarding and training for all newly hired employees.
- Approves employee leave requests, evaluates employee performance and initiates disciplinary actions within the fleet department.
- Directs and leads the team to be engaged in vehicle and equipment maintenance and repair activities.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of staff engaged in carrying out department objectives.
- Addresses employee concerns and issues, and recommends plans to improve employee engagement with the Distribution Manager and People Operations.
- Conducts safety meetings with the team on a weekly basis, or as needed.
- Schedule random ride-alongs with drivers to ensure that appropriate procedures are followed and that schedules are adhered to.
- Operates and inspects vehicles to ensure proper maintenance and address concerns appropriately.
- Submits Purchase Order Requests for each vehicle repair. Partners with the Distribution Manager for approval over the approved threshold amount.
- Maintain vendor relationships to get the best prices on repairs and parts.
- Monitor Shipping and CSR work stations and Fleet vehicles to ensure cleanliness standards are met.
- Provide support to Shipping and CSR teams as needed. Will be back up for Distribution Supervisors, Shipping and Night Crew to accommodate PTO requests.
- Assists with managing the annual fleet budget and make recommendations for more efficient cost control.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position manages all employees of the distribution team and is responsible for their performance management and staffing needs of the department:
- Maintain a strong in person presence to effectively coach and support all Department Heads, Supervisors, Leads, and associated team members
- Hire and train employees by applying high standards for selection and continued performance.
- Oversee and monitor the fleet schedule to ensure delivery goals are met and staff have access to accurate and the most up to date information.
- Communicate and support high expectations for teamwork, mutual respect, open communication within the team and across functions.
- Hold employees accountable for performance; identify, address and document poor performance or behavior and coach employees.
- Deliver effective change leadership - driving adaptability to business changes while minimizing noise.
- Set goals and provide guidance, direction, and performance management for direct reports.
- Lead training initiatives for team member development, including challenging of SOPs
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum of 3 years supervising non-exempt distribution/warehouse/fleet staff.
- Cannabis work experience is a plus.
- At least 3 years management experience in a high volume, high functioning capacity.
- Personal Service - Ability to develop, train, and motivate employees
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Office Machines – Basic Knowledge of standard office machines (Copier, fax, computer, & phones)
- Active Learning – Understand the implications of new information and knowledge.
- Time Management- Manage one’s own time and the time of others
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Suite
- Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be able to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs. occasionally without assistance or 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Regularly required to perform carrying, grasping, lifting, walking, standing, some bending/crouching, stooping, stretching, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- Able to be in varying temperature and humidity environmental conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Connected is an exciting and innovative workplace with a highly engaged workforce brought together by a shared passion to be the best in the business. We are on a mission to breed, grow and sell the best cannabis in the world! This is a super unique opportunity to be part of the start-up stage of the booming cannabis industry. We are looking for exceptional people to join our team as we transition into the next phase of our business ventures and become a leader in the cannabis space.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation Time (Flexible Vacation policy for exempt positions)
- Career Growth and Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Chance to work in an exciting new start-up industry with awesome people!