|Dispensary Pharmacy Manager||
Apr 7, 2019🔗👁️ 22 22 Views
🏢 Curaleaf 📍 Forest Hills, NY
💰 $110,000 - $120,000 a year 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Dispensary 📛 No license required
About our company
Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) is the leading vertically integrated multi-state cannabis operator in the United States. It is a high-growth cannabis company with a national brand known for quality, trust, and reliability. The company is positioned in highly populated, limited license states, and currently operates in 12 states with 42 dispensaries, 12 cultivation sites, and 11 processing sites. Curaleaf has the executive expertise and research and development capabilities to provide leading service, selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets, as well as the CBD category through its Curaleaf Hemp brand.
Responsible for managing the operation of the Dispensary, accountable for people management, workflow management, continuous quality improvement, adherence to policy and procedure, compliance with internal and external regulatory bodies, dispensary sales, expense control and inventory management, as well as image through the compassionate interaction and consultation with patients, and ensuring the highest level of customer service (including patients, governing bodies and suppliers), and developing and protecting department assets.
- Ensures department personnel provide hospitable service and information; and are courteous, friendly, and efficient.
- Responds to customer inquiries and complaints maintains and improves the overall image of the pharmacy department.
- Manages the operation of the Dispensary.
- Improves patient count, dispensary sales, profit, and image through the compassionate interaction and consultation with patients, and by providing courteous and efficient service to customers inclusive of patients, prescribers, and all those involved in the health system.
- Reports dispensary errors immediately and adheres to Company policies and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely reporting of inventory to regulatory bodies.
- Complies with all state laws and regulations and Company policies governing all products; maintains required records, documentation, and reports.
- Recommends and implements asset protection controls and procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Improves and maintains Dispensary housekeeping, maintenance, and appearance for the safety, health, and well-being of customers and employees, and ensures adherence to applicable government regulations and laws.
- Controls the store's safe and "bank," including electronic register readings, cash withdrawals, cash accounts, daily cash reports, cash over and short records, and other reports related to cash management.
- Assures proper operation and maintenance of dispensary systems and equipment.
- Manages and controls dispensary inventory. Adheres to Company buying procedures, recommends and orders merchandise from proper sources
Daily Planning and Execution
- Coordinates and organizes dispensary daily schedule of activities.
- Manages pharmacy staffing by planning for and scheduling appropriate dispensary hours in adherence with budgeting guidelines.
Business Performance Management
- Prepares, submits and files various reports and records required by the Company and various government agencies.
Works with the Director of Dispensary Operations and other key team members to solicit new patients and prescribers and pursue opportunities to grow Curaleaf dispensary business.
People & Performance Management
- Implements department organization structure through proper hiring and placement, transferring of personnel, scheduling of work, assignment of responsibility, a delegation of authority, promotion of personnel, layoffs, recalls, or effectively recommending the same.
- Maintains and improves the performance of department through the building of employee morale and motivation, rewards employees, and addresses employee complaints where appropriate, and uses Constructive Discipline policies of the Company to discipline, suspend, terminate, or effectively recommend the same. Utilizes Constructive Discipline policy to ensure compliance with state and federal laws by pharmacy department personnel.
- Assures EEO compliance through equity, consistency, and fairness; prevents workplace harassment; upholds the Open Door policy assuring no retaliation; communicates openly and honestly to employees at all times.
- Recommends allocation of dispensary hours and support personnel; directs and attains payroll budget and controls use of overtime.
- Supervises dispensary team members to assure the performance of required functions and adherence to Company policies and procedures. Ensures proper licensure of all dispensary personnel. Confirms dispensary employees are trained on all required functions.
Training & Personal Development
- Develops department employees through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, and communication of rules.
- Audits own performance and recommends own objectives and standards of performance.
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the pharmacy, health care, and retail management fields that relate to job responsibilities, and integrates them into own practices.
- Maintains and develops good working relationships with physicians and other health professionals.
- Recommends, plans, and administers community and professional relations programs.
- Informs appropriate personnel of department’s plans, programs, and operations that affect their areas, and encourages feedback from all employees to increase productivity.
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm D Degree from an accredited educational institute.
- Current pharmacist license in the State of New York
- At least 1 year of pharmacy experience including prescription filling and verification, records and legal compliance, pharmacy operations, pharmacy software, and technology systems and insurance.
- Experience performing prescription dispensing activities that demonstrate a strong working knowledge of applicable state and federal controlled substance laws.
- Has completed specialized training required of the State of New York’s medical marijuana program.
Supervisory experience planning, organizing, and directing the work of pharmacy staff, preferably at a local specialty pharmacy.