Jan 28, 2022🔗
👁️ 10 10 Views
🏢 Windy City Cannabis 📍 Homewood, IL
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Dispensary 📛 No license required
About our company
Windy City Cannabis is an inviting family of hometown cannabis dispensaries where passionate Dispensary Associates connect customers to the most trusted and effective cannabis products for their lifestyle. We offer a curated selection of high-quality products, personalized service, and a warm, welcoming vibe that invites people to stay longer and return often.
We are looking for a detail oriented Dispensary Manager to plan and manage all aspects of day to day tasks in our high volume medicinal and recreational cannabis dispensary. You will be responsible for managing personnel, customer relations, sales goals, inventory and the daily ebb and flow of all store related matters while adhering to strict state guidelines and regulations. You will communicate effectively with all levels of the organization to implement and maintain deals, protocols, policies and procedures in accordance with company standards.
As a condition of employment, all newly hired employees of Windy City should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work. Requests for medical or religious accommodation may be made with the company's HR department. Failure to establish proof of vaccination (or approved exemption) may result in offer rescission.
- Create a warm, positive, welcoming environment for customers and staff alike.
- Effectively resolve escalated customer issues and drive repeat business.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of our point of sale system.
- Review and assist in receiving all deliveries with diligence and accuracy and in accordance with company and state regulations.
- Oversee and drive all inventory and back of house processes, including special orders, employee samples and weekly deals.
- Track and achieve various sales metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Regularly train, mentor, and develop staff according to company guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively intervene in employee performance issues and provide effective coaching.
- Assist in conducting nightly and monthly inventory audits in accordance with company and state guidelines to ensure there is no diversion of inventory, and effectively respond to discrepancies. (This is a zero-shrinkage business, any shrinkage must be reported to the state.)
- Prepare and effectively lead state inspectors through unannounced inspections.
- Maintain records for all necessary documents: delivery and inventory manifests, nightly and monthly inventory counts, necessary employee and patient/customer information, log books, inventory adjustments and destruction reports.
- Ability to manage time and respect protocol under fast-paced retail conditions is a must.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed or warranted, by senior leadership.
- Frequently lifting, moving, carrying store inventory, weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasionally ascending/descending ladders or stairs.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 5+ years of successful experience in a retail management position.
- Familiarity with Illinois Cannabis Program rules and regulations regarding dispensary management.
- Ability to acquire a state credential by passing required background check and any other requirement listed
- Proven organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Efficacy with technology and point of sale systems.
- Working knowledge of inventory and sales reports.
- Ability to satisfy company requirements for vaccination against COVID-19, or obtain approved medical or religious exemption.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Windy City Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Windy City Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics.