|Director, Quality Compliance||
Aug 8, 2019🔗👁️ 17 17 Views
🏢 Sunniva 📍 Carlsbad, CA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Compliance 📛 No license required
About our company
Sunniva Inc. (Sunniva), through its subsidiaries, is a vertically integrated cannabis company operating in the worlds two largest cannabis markets California and Canada where we are committed to delivering safe, high-quality products and services at scale. Our business vision is to become the lowest cost, highest quality cannabis producer in the markets we serve by building - large scale, purpose built, current good manufacturing practices greenhouses, offering better quality assurance with cannabis products free from pesticides, providing better patient and doctor access to cannabis education and sourcing better therapeutic delivery devices.
Sunniva is constantly seeking high caliber talent who bring unique perspectives, excellence and enthusiasm to our expanding operations. Innovation, communication, and collaboration are critical to our shared success.
Are you driven and anticipating the next step in your career? Explore possibilities with Sunniva.
Sunniva has an exceptional opportunity for a Director, Compliance to lead the Company's quality and compliance strategies and programs. As a strategic leader, the Director, Compliance will ensure the Company upholds the highest quality and compliance standards through the successful delivery of short and long-term goals across the Company's integrated verticals.
- Establish and maintain a culture of compliance through the development and delivery of comprehensive quality and compliance programs.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and recommendations to Executive Management and the Board.
- Determine and maintain Company-wide risk management committees and programs.
- Oversee the Companys Quality Management Systems (QMS) and quality programs to ensure the safety, integrity, quality of Sunnivas products across all verticals.
- Provide oversight to the development of standards and policies related to manufacturing, testing, labeling and packaging bath records and requirement documentation submissions to regulatory agencies to ensure quality and consistency across the Company.
- Drive the development and documentation of Quality procedures, policies, protocols and standards to support GMP and related activities, ensuring teams successful delivery and achievement of business goals.
- Lead complex investigations to identify issues impacting the quality and/or integrity of quality and compliance programs, determine root cause and develop and oversee corrective action measures for any identified deficiencies.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant US and international regulations and laws in coordination with Legal and key stakeholders across the Company.
- Provide regulatory guidance for the development business expansion related to test methodologies, validations, vendors, supply chain, facility construction, manufacturing process, and monitor industry trends for conformance to regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with government and regulatory authorities and coordinate cross functional input on responses to regulatory inquiries.
- Support the development and implementation of preventative Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies and practices across the Company's operations.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts, identify gaps and propose solutions.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelors degree in Biomedical Sciences, Life Science, Food Science, or a related field, or a combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of experience in leading quality, compliance or regulatory affairs in a highly regulated environment.
- 10+ years of experience with engagement with Regulators.
- 10+ years of experience with CDFA, FDA, GMP/GDP regulations and guidelines.
- Experience with Bureau of Cannabis Control (BCC) and California Cannabis Track and Trace (CCTT) is an asset.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Strong decision-making ability, with a significant sense of ownership and accountability.
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented.
- Big picture thinker, with the ability to set goals and roll up your sleeves to achieve them.
- Motivated to partner and collaboratively with internal and external teams, building relationships to accomplish shared objectives in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Proven track record of successful leadership.
- Demonstrated exercise of sound judgment, discretion, and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Communicates and engages effectively across the organization.
The position will be located in an office environment.
Sunniva offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
This position will be open until filled. We thank you for your interest in joining our team however, only those applicants considered for the position will be contacted.
Sunniva is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.