|Director of Supply Chain||
Dec 15, 2021🔗
👁️ 30 30 Views
🏢 Kiva Confections 📍 Oakland, CA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Supply Chain 📛 No license required
About our company
Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is the premier cannabis-infused edibles company in California, the largest cannabis market in the world. Kiva's line includes Kiva Chocolate Bars, Terra Bites, Petra Mints, and Camino Gummies. Our products are crafted from premium ingredients and skillfully combined with California cannabis. Since our beginning in 2010, our goal is to create confections that redefine what a cannabis confection ought to be. By applying art and science to ensure a deliciously consistent experience every time, we continue to deliver on that mission today.
We have aggressive growth plans as the legal market, and consumer adoption continues to expand. Key growth initiatives include bold platform innovation, best-in-class marketing, geographic expansion, strategic partnerships, and more. We are resourced for this explosive growth and looking for great people to help take us to the next level.
The Director of Supply Chain creates and maintains a global strategy to optimize the flow of raw materials, packaging and finished goods within Kiva’s home state of CA.
The primary objective of this role is to make sure that the right material is at the right place and at the right time, optimizing inventory levels for new and existing products to fulfill sales demand. Equally important is to partner with Sales and Marketing to develop sales and demand forecasts that are realistic and tied to market conditions and limit Kiva’s exposure to over investment.
This individual is a cross functional leader, interfacing with Procurement, Sales, Finance, Marketing and Operations to create and world class supply chain processes that drive growth, profitability and innovation.
This job is for you if...
- You have extensive supply chain experience spanning logistics, production, warehousing, planning, and are rock solid on the principles of supply chain that optimize economic cost, investment, sustainability, quality and predictability of supply
- You love a challenge and you love taking something nascent and imposing order
- You have led a supply chain group and have created and implemented procedures across the supply chain functions
- You are a true team player, you own the result of your work but are willing to jump in and assist your teammates as necessary
- You strive to be the best at what you do and who you are
- You have integrity and put it into action
- You are passionate, yet diplomatic, you can get your point across even when it’s a tough one in a way that can be heard
- You are a data geek
- You don’t leave things to chance and rely on your ability to “wing it.” Rather you’re calculated, prepared and take measured risks
- You don’t play politics and office games to get ahead
- You are a leader and have a way with people
- You like to play on a winning team
As Kiva's Director of Supply Chain, you'll...
- Interface with finance and procurement to execute forward looking material/buy plans that meet Kiva’s goals for cost and level of investment and that balance in stock with leadtime, safety stock and space constraints
- Oversee the creation and communication of supply, demand, and production plans with an emphasis on accuracy and excellence. You will work closely with sales, production, procurement and Kiva’s internal Geo group to have the right materials at the right place at the right time
- Establish standard operating procedures for supply chain; monitor the effectiveness of procedures; revise and improve as required
- Create and socialize metrics that matter for the supply chain group: inventory turns, in stock level, fill rate etc.
- Interface with IT and Data to create and maintain inventory tracking tools both inside and outside of Rootstock/Salesforce to monitor inventory levels
- Create and implement production, supply and demand plans for Sales Initiatives and be a key driver in the creation of S&OP to further the creation of a true year+ planning and purchasing cycle
- Create and implement these same plans for new and emerging product initiatives
- Continue to add talent and build your team as the needs of the business evolve and grow
- Lead all aspects of the supply chain management: Production Planning, Customer Service, Logistics, Inventory, Warehouse and Storage
- Interface with procurement and operations to have the right materials in house at the right time with no out of stocks
- Report current inventory levels and any issues to Sales, Ops and Leadership
- Work with finance to optimize payments and cash conversion without disruption to supply
- Work with vendors to drive accountability and reduce/eliminate supply shortages
- Identify optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution
- Assesses the need for material-handling equipment and staffing; makes recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials
- Act as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transition
- Analyze current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company
- Rapidly establish new supply chains for our new products as well as optimize supply chains for existing products
- Perform cost and scenario and sensitivity analysis to make recommendations to Ops and Leadership as necessary when added cost or expedition is necessary
- Create ad hoc analysis that drive meaningful discussions and that allow for critical decisions to be made
- Be a strong voice in internal and interdepartmental settings to advocate for this critical function
- Make Kiva, Ops and supply chain the absolute best it can be
What we're looking for...
- 7-15 year’s experience in procurement with growth from junior to senior level responsibility in CPG companies with at least 40M in revenue and 40+ skus
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree in Business, supply chain or similar preferred
- APICS or supply chain specific technical training a plus
- Experience in Supply Chain for CPG a must, food preferred and cannabis a plus
- Startup experience preferred but not required
- A deep resume that demonstrates effectiveness in creating process where little to none exists with key wins on supply side optimization in intense growth settings
- This position will require that the individual occasionally travel independently between various business units. Lighting and room temperature at all locations are moderate. The performance of this position occasionally requires that the individual come into close proximity with co-workers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may exposed to work near moving mechanical parts when working with operations staff. The noise level in the work environment in the production area is usually loud, however the employee will spend the majority of time working in the office environment which is generally quiet.
- Due to the nature of our industry, the performance of this position will require the individual to spend time in facilities in which he/she may be exposed, either directly or indirectly, to potential food allergens including (but not limited to): peanuts, gluten, corn, milk, soy, and tree nut.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, turn, talk and hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and /or move up to 15 pounds. This position will require that the individual occasionally travel independently among various company locations.