|Director of Retail Operations||
Jun 10, 2019🔗👁️ 12 12 Views
🏢 Deep Roots Harvest 📍 Mesquite, NV
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Dispensary 📛 No license required
About our company
Deep Roots Harvest first became licensed to cultivate cannabis in Mesquite, Nevada during November of 2014. In November 2015 we harvested our first crop of medical marijuana. Our belief is that constantly improving, learning, and growing as a company is the only way to achieve success. There is no one ‘right way’ to grow cannabis.
We are cultivating in a rapidly changing environment with new technology and grow methods being discovered almost daily. This is why we strive to stay ahead of this curve ensuring that we provide products that our patients desire and deserve. There are certain things that technology can’t replace and it is there that we excel.
Our people, our work ethic, and our desire to bring out the maximum expression of each strain is what sets us apart at Deep Roots Harvest.
Because each batch of cannabis is individually tested by an independent testing laboratory, Deep Roots has some of the cleanest cannabis growing methods on earth. We understand that this is a product being put into our body, so we take meticulous care in what we feed each and every plant. We’re privileged to grow this dynamic plant for our patients and honored to do it in the great city of Mesquite, Nevada.
Supervisory Responsibilities :
- Retail Manager(s)
- Assistant Retail Manager(s)
- Customer Service Specialist(s)
- Inventory Controller (Supervisor)
- Floor Supervisors
- Compliance Coordinator
- Bud Host/Hostess
Direct, manage, motivate and provide administrative support to the activities and operations of multiple retail locations. Develop and review standard operating procedures; policies and operational guidelines to ensure customer satisfaction and employee productivity across the region. Create and monitor the completion of training/ development and education of retail staff members. Exercise significant authority over inventory management to ensure proper distribution levels and the satisfaction of monthly sales objectives for all company retail locations.
- Develop a vision, strategy, and focused plan to increase bottom-line profitability within the retail department
- Develop and oversee projections, sales, budgets, and costs
- Identify products and services with the greatest potential for increasing revenue.
- Create pricing models and policies through collaboration with Accounting & Marketing Teams
- Set performance standards for each individual dispensary location
- Strive for profit growth, and motivate staff toward achieving the same goal
- Utilize performance data from inventory control systems and point-of-sale software to make informed management decisions, drive business, and take appropriate corrective actions in the direction of retail department operationsSchedule regular store visits to verify and monitor operations, adequate staffing, satisfactory inventory levels, sales trends,proper cash handling, exemplary customer service, and overall compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
- Ensure regular audits are performed and that each location is held accountable for the results
- Recruit, train, and direct Retail Location Managers toward meeting individual store goals
- Provide leadership through procedural development to ensure staff effectively executes the Company’s mission and objectives
- Establish a diverse, thorough training program for new hires, and continued education for existing staff
- Educate, challenge, motivate, and provide guidance to Store Managers and their staff members
- Assess managerial staff through the process of critical performance reviews
- Foster a positive organizational culture that is growth-enabled and focused on providing a superior customer experience
- Define and implement product positioning plan through collaboration with Marketing Team
- Maintain a high-quality brand image through focused merchandising
- Develop and foster positive working relationships with outside vendors
- Address issues by suggesting practical and creative resolutions
- Monitor store operations to ensure that a safe and secure work environment is maintained
- Ensure that any limiting operational factors are addressed in an appropriate and timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Operate under the guidelines provided by company policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and complete all given directives in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly whether verbally or in writing
- Basic understanding of compliance software and job specific information technology
- Adherence to all industry standards set forth by Local, State, and Federal regulations.
- Capacity to work autonomously to achieve daily directives and department goals.
- Flexible work schedule required; to include covering a vacant shift and/or facility issues in emergency situations as needed.
- Represent the company in a professional manner when communicating or interacting with all local community, state, or federal officials.
- Observe and maintain all safety procedures and protocols
Additional Functions :
- Ability to be flexible and work in various sectors of the department or company as needed and/or requested.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately.
- Ability to apply appropriate public relations skills in various situations and circumstances and to facilitate change as needed.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and challenging environment.
- Must be proficient in Windows based software and point of sale applications.
- Must have excellent communications skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret, understand, and comply with complex statutes, ordinances, regulations, standards, and laws.
- Understanding of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management, governmental agencies, community members and the general public.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and electronic mail.
Additional Requirements :
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Minimum Education and Experience :
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous Retail Management experience preferred
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience.
Working Conditions :
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, standing, sitting, bending, twisting, climbing and repetitive motions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 40 pounds (100 pounds with assistance)
Must be able to tolerate dusty, strong smelling marijuana odors, cleaning chemicals and be able to tolerate exposure to various products.