|Director of Membership||
Mar 18, 2019🔗👁️ 75 75 Views
🏢 Cannabis Trade Federation 📍 Denver, CO
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Other 📛 No license required
About our company
How many times in life are you presented with the opportunity to be an integral part of a team that is going to make history? If you are a seasoned development professional, this is such an opportunity.
The Cannabis Trade Federation (CTF) is a national coalition of cannabis-related businesses that represent all aspects of the emerging cannabis industry.
The Director of Membership will primarily be tasked with managing the various membership levels of CTF by developing and executing a strategic membership plan designed to increase and retain membership for CTF and our member organizations.
The Cannabis Trade Federation is a 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to educating and advocating for sensible cannabis public policy. Along with its member businesses, CTF will build a dynamic network of associations and nonprofits that share a vision of creating sensible cannabis policy, promoting social responsibility, and leading the future ongoing professionalization of a highly regulated and increasingly organized cannabis industry.
- Be able to demonstrate that you have developed and implemented programs, projects and activities designed to increase and retain membership for a trade association, chamber of commerce, non-profit, political campaign, or similar entity;
- Have ideas and strategies on how to quickly build and scale a multi-faceted and diverse federation of aligned organizations;
- Be an efficient manager with complete buy-in to our OKR-based management system; and
- Be willing to work long and irregular hours, with extensive work-related travel
- Oversee the building and maintenance of CTF’s membership database and targeted fundraising lists
- Maintain the organization’s member files
- Ensure that established procedures for prospective members are consistently followed
- Manage and oversee all member invoicing
- Meet in person with each major donors and establish a professional relationship
- Identify groups and methods to build coalitions
- Expand the number of Pioneer and Shareholder’s annually, demonstrating hockey-stick growth
- Invite members to political events and receptions
- Schedule private tours of the industry for members of Congress, their staff, and other high-ranking elected officials
- Organize and execute the annual policy and networking retreat for Pioneer & Board members
- Organize production of membership kits and all collateral
- Follow-up on member referrals, leads from staff, etc.
- Track the success and overall performance of all membership activities
- Oversee proper administration of new members; make sure initiation fees are collected; and that all new members understand the privileges and costs of becoming a member
- Maintaining the confidentiality of all member information
Qualifications to successfully perform the essential functions/responsibilities of the job:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Pleasant and professional communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Highly organized
- Individual should have knowledge and proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Constant Contact, and membership or fundraising related software.
Training / Education / Experience
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in a senior management or director position. 5 years or more preferred.
- 5 years experience working for a trade association, chamber of commerce, non-profit, political campaign, or similar organization in a key membership or development role. 8 years or more preferred.
- Experience and contacts within in the cannabis industry are helpful, but not mandatory.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but the equivalent professional experience is acceptable.
Salary is competitive to market rate, based on experience and qualifications. CTF provides excellent medical insurance and benefits.
The Director of Membership reports to the CEO and is based in Denver, CO.
Immediate opening; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please send a resume, cover-letter, salary history, and desired salary or salary range.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy
CTF is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and strives to select the best-qualified person for each position in the organization. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. CTF management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.