|Director of Field Marketing||
Jun 1, 2019🔗👁️ 23 23 Views
🏢 Grassroots Cannabis 📍 Chicago, IL
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Marketing 📛 No license required
About our company
We’re Grassroots, a new cannabis company that’s all about living deeply. We started in Illinois and we’re growing nationally from the ground up. We care deeply, about our plants, our products and the people they serve. Our team brings an unmatched depth of expertise and commitment to perfection to every cannabis seedling we cultivate, and every product we invent. We may be one of the largest medical cannabis dispensary owners in the country with licenses in a growing number of states, but we operate like a hometown business in the same communities where we live with our families and friends. In doing so, we connect deeply, to one another, to our communities and to a larger movement. We’re always looking for new talent to join our team and to move our growing industry forward.
The Director of Field Marketing is responsible for the strategy and implementation of effective field marketing programs that meet the growth objectives of multiple brands, with a strong emphasis on driving pipeline generation in regional markets. This role will be responsible for Field Marketing Strategy and execution across both our retail business (cannabis dispensaries) as well as our wholesale business (cannabis products sold to dispensaries).
As the leader of Field Marketing, you will drive a strong partnership with key internal stakeholders: Marketing (Brand, Digital, Content, Media), Sales, Retail Operations, Medical Marketing, as well as key external stakeholders: Field / Experiential Marketing Agency, Medical Groups, and other freelance talent. The ideal candidate will have a unique blend of leadership, agility, and communication skills along with a passion for data-driven decisions, field events, and performance reporting.
- Define the Field and Experiential Marketing strategy across both our retail (dispensary) and wholesale (product) businesses
- Manage a team of regional marketing managers and local market coordinators, each executing the strategy in their local areas throughout Grassroots’ current 11-state-and-growing footprint
- Manage our Medical Marketing Manager, responsible for building relationships with national medical groups and local medical experts
- Partner with regional sales teams to develop and execute product marketing plans via regional, account or vertical-focused playbooks including, but not limited to, outbound prospecting, inbound lead follow up, nurture, channel activities, live & virtual events, with the goal of building purchase frequency and volume
- Partner with Retail Operations to identify local advertising opportunities, events (hosted and attending), and other channels to drive patient inquiries at our dispensaries.
- Collaborate and partner with core marketing teams on campaign concept, messaging, content, creative, promotion and optimization to ensure effectiveness for regional programs
- Identify the most effective marketing messages, value proposition, channels, and calls to action for personas and key accounts in the regions
- Manage external partners, including our Field / Experiential Marketing Agency
- Ensure metrics are defined, tracked and reported out on – with opportunities for continuous improvement identified and integrated in future activities.
- Engage PR, demand generation, social media and other marketing and sales colleagues, both pre- and post-events, to ensure events are aligned with omnichannel campaigns and therefore optimize results in terms of awareness, inquiries, and revenue.
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing, with at least 2-3 years specifically within a Field Marketing, Experiential Marketing or other comparable marketing role with reputable companies that have both a national and regional footprint
- Proven track record of delivering and accelerating business results through execution of successful national and regional events, both directly and with partners
- Field and / or experiential marketing experience with both retailer and brands (ideally CPG)
- Experience managing multiple internal stakeholders and external partners
- Extensive team management experience, ideally with a field or virtual organization where direct reports need to be managed remotely
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to prioritize a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- Proven skills in defining objectives, measuring key results, and optimizing activities based on data
- Demonstrated budget management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Medical marketing and/or some level of B2B experience strongly preferred
- Cannabis industry knowledge and experience a plus
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
At Grassroots Cannabis we are committed to improving the quality of our patients’ lives and restoring well-being. Our medical cannabis dispensaries are setting a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness in our clean and modern facilities. Our staff is well trained and attentive, striving to serve patients with great respect and compassion.
Besides dispensing medicine, we also provide a wide range of holistic services designed to help patients maintain a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and manage pain, such as yoga and therapeutic massage.
Grassroots Cannabis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics