|Director of Cultivation||
Mar 30, 2019🔗👁️ 34 34 Views
🏢 Lovewell Farms Co 📍 Providence, RI
💰 DOE 🗓️ Contractor 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
Lovewell Farms’ mission is to deliver high-quality, all natural hemp products that cultivate a more loving world.As a growing farm using regenerative, organic, and permaculture techniques, we are seeking a skilled and experienced Director of Cultivation to lead the overall strategy and management of our commercial-scale CBD hemp grow operations as well as a small organic vegetable grow operation.
The successful candidate will be a scientifically minded master grower with a proven history of relevant cultivation management experience, a strong technical background in plant biology, and expertise in all aspects of protected culture agriculture.
Previous commercial cannabis cultivation and management experience is required for this role, which will include responsibility for developing and overseeing an outdoor grow, genetics acquisitions, greenhouse system design, plant nutrition, tracking software, sensors and controls, and managing farm staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Broad areas of key responsibilities require a thorough knowledge of various horticultural science and management related disciplines, leadership skills and business processes.
- Provide leadership and direction for the cultivation staff, determine staffing needs and participate in the selection, hiring, training and development of cultivation related staff.
- Collaborate with Executive Team to grow and distribute different varieties relative to customer demand and market projections.
- Direct activities throughout life-cycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Create and lead training program and SOPs for all cultivation personnel on plant propagation, plant care, plant harvest, and compliance.
- Provide advanced technical guidance to personnel in the proper maintenance and care of mothers and propagations.
- Responsible for delivering key performance indicators (yield, inventory management, quality, safety, etc.) to company standards.
- Perform and manage all aspects of growing including: selection and development of genetic strains and seeds, cloning, potting and transplanting, designing and maintaining nutrient regiments, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, harvesting, drying, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management.
- Maintain exceptional attention to detail to achieve consistently high quality and yield.
- Oversee farms, including: managing budget, cost, performing general administrative duties, and purchasing materials as needed.
- Recognize potential problems and execute correction measures.
- Manage data collection for accuracy and ensure all tracking is compliant with government regulations.
- Manage plant scheduling and organization to precisely project all garden needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Catalog and analyze each individual strain from clone to flower to harvesting.
- Generate and maintain accurate Good Production Practices (GPP)documents.
- Help create all documents and associated responsibilities as they pertain to the receiving of raw materials, propagation, sowing, growing, drying, harvesting, packaging, storage, picking, destroying, shipping and distribution of the CBD cannabis.
- Assist government regulators and auditors with inspections and audits of facility, operations, inventory, sales and regulatory compliance.
- Comfort with selecting and overseeing installation of controlled environment systems based on project needs, volume goals and facility location.
- Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant cultivation including pest management, nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, air flow, etc.
- Deep understanding of plant production techniques and optimization of methods.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including laborers, technical, professional, and upper management.
- Ability to work with technical experts to identify and evolve best practice that can be implemented into operations.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Strong understanding of yield optimization and integrated pest management standards.
- Appreciation of data analytics science and a strong desire to learn and improve.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
- Organized with a strong work ethic and a team-oriented positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently while remaining flexible in a startup environment.
- Experience in the cannabis production market as well as construction management/knowledge is required.
- Trustworthy and hard working.
- Passion and ambition for excelling in the CBD cannabis market.Required Skills Abilities:
- Bachelors degree required with a Masters degree preferred in Horticulture, Botany, Biology, Plant Science, Landscape architecture/design or related fields.
- 5+ years work experience in horticulture.
- 3+ years of experience as director of cultivation or master grower of cannabis without the use of chemical pesticides.
- Advanced knowledge of permaculture, regenerative, and organic growing methods.
- Competent with Google and Microsoft program suites. (ex. Google Sheets and Excel
- Must live within Rhode Island and capable of overseeing multiple locations in the state.
- Must be available for some weekend work.
- Must be 21 years of age or over.
- Must pass CORI, background and social media background checks.
- Ability and willingness to perform manual labor of planting and overseeing cultivation.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Lovewell Farms Co. is a start-up with profit sharing opportunities and a chance to get in on the ground floor of the Rhode Island cannabis market. The position is listed as contract with the option of full-time. The perfect opportunity for those looking for the chance to help build and grow a cannabis company.
If this sounds like the position you have been waiting for, please apply using the online application. We look forward to hearing from you!
management: 1 year (Required)
5 - 6 months