|Customer Support Specialist||
Aug 9, 2019🔗👁️ 21 21 Views
🏢 Green Bits Inc. 📍 Portland, OR
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Information Technology 📛 No license required
About our company
In 2014, we set out to empower cannabis retailers with an easy-to-manage platform. We asked shop owners about their priorities and pain points — and what would make their work lives happier and more rewarding.
From those conversations, we developed a point-of-sale product that matches their unique workflows and business demands, like seed-to-sale tracking, faster checkout lines, customer sales limits and complex inventory reporting.
Today, Green Bits is changing the way cannabis retailers do business — simplifying processes and making compliance effortless, so you can focus on what matters most: happy customers, steady growth, and a strong bottom line.
Green Bits is not your ordinary tech startup and we are not looking for an ordinary candidate. This opening is for someone passionate about customer support to join our fast-paced startup in downtown Portland, OR.
Customer Support Specialists are responsible for initial technical response to all customer inquiries across all of our support channels: our portal, chat, email, and telephone. In addition, they manage and perform customer advocacy follow-up. Customer Support Specialists should be able to gather initial data as well as accurately prioritize and escalate incoming cases. Complex cases or cases that require more than 30 minutes of troubleshooting effort should be escalated to the appropriate team/Product Support Agent. Customer Support Specialists are also responsible for filing and managing feature requests.
Our core team has built, scaled, and sold startups. We're intensely devoted to our mission and looking for an individual who can embrace aggressive goals. If you're motivated to succeed and driven by the prospect of unlimited growth, this role is the perfect opportunity to get in at the ground level with a young company poised to dominate an exciting new industry.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Full-time onsite position at Green Bits' office in downtown Portland, Oregon
- Respond and engage on all incoming customer inquiries with a sense of urgency.
- Prioritize cases according to our case classification descriptions.
- Escalate complex/critical cases to Product Support Engineers.
- Document all technical inquiries and customer-reported problems in the customer tracking database (Zendesk) and in the escalation tracking system, including the nature of the inquiry, and the resolution recommended.
- Provide technical and product support to customers for Greenbits products and hardware: answer technical inquiries, diagnose reported problems or configuration issues, recommend possible solutions, follow issue through to resolution or escalate if unable to resolve.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures regarding customer handling processes and escalation.
- Generate cases with accurate and complete field information.
- Manage feature requests ensuring proper expectation setting
- Research, duplicate and document difficult configuration, compatibility or product-defect issues and track results of investigations in appropriate systems.
- Update the Knowledge Base with solutions as appropriate.
- Communicate with the team about core metrics and request action on cases that are outside of SLA targets.
- Manage follow-up tasks such as RMA communication and follow-up on cases requiring additional information.
- Produce knowledge documentation and solutions based on cases
- Must have general functional knowledge of all assigned Greenbits products.
- Perform customer advocacy tasks as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Learn our Green Bits software and become a product expert
- Prompt correspondence with customers support calls, emails, and potentially in person
- Help a diverse customer base with varying levels of technical savvy with hardware, software and other issues
- Track support issue progress in our bug and support ticket management systems (Zendesk and others)
- Work across the entire organization to provide the best customer experience in the industry
- Potential after hours emergency support
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2 years customer facing support experience
- Experience with CRM tools such as ZenDesk and Salesforce
- Experience with bug tracking tools such as JIRA
- Mac OS familiarity
- A triage and debug friendly state of mind
- B2B customer facing support experience
- SaaS support experience
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Intermediate SQL skills
- API support experience
- Cannabis industry knowledge
Things You Should Know:
This position is located in our office in Downtown Portland, OR
We don't have cubicles and we're standing-desk-friendly
We're all stoked to be here!